You know you're a brewer if...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When your wife tells you to build a brew room so you can consolidate all your brewwing gear

Dining room---- Glass carboy, bottle tree, misc

Office---- 1 primary of wit, 1 secondary of wit 2 different yeast strains

Fridge---- 8 pints of washed yeast

Garage---- 50 lbs 2 row, boil pot, burner,extra propane, bottling bucket, mash tun,extra cooler for sparge water, books, note pads, bottles recipies,etc,etc,etc...

Bathroom----- brewing books

Basement-----6-8 cases of different homebrews:D

Bull

Its late fall and you find yourself kicking on the A/C to remove the excess humidity in the house from brewing an AG batch on the stove.

... and of course as we all well know the steam off the wort cures everything from lethargy to ingrown toenails...

Note to self, don't taste Netflyer's brews.

" is that a subtle hint of foot I detect? Just a kiss of ingrown toenail......."

You're poking up the fireplace and wonder if you could keep the temperature steady enough for mashing.

When you've banned the house from watching and use of the word 'Intervention".

When you've banned the house from watching and use of the word 'Intervention".

haha!

Yeah,

I think some outsiders view some of us as alcoholics. I mean who needs 35 gallons worth of beer and wine sitting in your guest (brewery) bedroom. Brewing has without a doubt become an obsession of mine over the past few years.

When the local resturant supply store sends a post card saying we miss you heres a coupon... addressed to your brewery

When you don't think of "head" and "mouthfeel" as qualities to look for in a potential one night stand.

You spend more time washing bottles than dishes...

Your kitchen is cleaner than most 5 star restaurants...

When offered a BMC you politely say "No thank you... I'll make my own..."

You know when you offer a friend one of YOUR beers he is going to actually feel the affects unlike a store bought beer..

When you look at your blackberry as not just a phone but a gateway to more HBT knowledge...

You understand that SWMBO must REALLY be obeyed so you can continue brewing... (she scares me!)

You can remember the exact day you acquired each piece of your brewing equipment, but can't remember your wedding anniversary day/year.

When your neighbor comes into your kitchen, sees your stirplate, and asks if you are a scientist.

When your neighbor comes into your kitchen, sees your stirplate, and asks if you are a scientist.

haha.

Yeah, but don't you kinda feel like a scientist? I feel like I'm in chemistry lab every time I've got the flask on the stove lol.

If your friends say that a APA tastes kind of stout and you just chuckle and don't reply

The term "blow off tube" doesn't bring anything even vaguely sexual to mind.

you're right! i really hadn't even thought of it in a dirty way, and my mind generally hangs out in the gutter :ban:

(speaking of which, what the heck is that banana doing?)

Thats me, my wife said "I am not getting you only beer stuff".:ban:

Yeah, me too. I already convinced them to buy me a black Friday 20% off banjo burner. I actually have a thread on here some where asking you guys what I should get for Christmas.

Lol

When you drive by the Budweiser Brewery and you roll your windows down because you see smoke coming out of the smoke stacks and you hope it's sweet hoppy wort boiling.

Lol I actually did this 30 minutes ago and immediately thought about this thread!

what a great smell that is that comes from the brewery stacks! wish i lived close enough that i drove past one daily, not just when i want to :)

You have a few of these lying around.

p1040147.jpg

..if you have your son check the school library for homebrewing books.............

When you have friends from Church over (Mennonite by the way) and they proceed to empty the: Stout, American Wheat and Oktoberfest kegs. They especially liked that since I brewed it, I mentioned that I did not add any alcohol to it. This happened Sat. night, time to get brewing and restock the pipeline. Reminds me of an old joke:

What happens when you take a Mennonite fishing? He drinks all of your beer.

What happens when you take 2 Mennonite's fishing? They don't drink any of it.

Back