BeerSmith Recipe Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conway

Reaction score
Hi,

Question:

New to BeerSmith.

I am going to brew another batch using the same recipe (Belgian Saison) but will change a couple of things (temp, hops,...). How do i make another version without having to re-add all the grain, hop, mash,...

Can i copy a "template" from my org. recipe and make add to it. So I can keep a record of the 1st recipe.

I saw a version section below the calendar (right cover of the design page) but did not know what this is for.

Cheers,

I don't have the new version but in the old one you could copy recipes then make changes in the new one.

Thanks...
So many option's on it. lol

Where can you copy in your version? Maybe in the same place.

I have BSmith2. Currently updated.

I can not find a copy recipe option. It should be somewhere on it. lol

The easiest way is to change the "version" on the right side. Make it, say, Version 1.2, and then close it. It will say something like "copy this as a new recipe and change the title?". click "yes" and it will save it. You can change the date in the calender then.

I use the version as described and also make use the "brew log" folder. Recipes I keep in "recipes" folder. When ready to brew I copy the recipe to the brew log. This way I can tweak the recipe being brewed to reflect reality without modifying the base recipe.

Back