time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know on my phone, it seems to matter how I take the pic for it to post right-side up. If I hold the phone vertically (normal) to take the pic, it posts sideways. If I hold it sideways to take the pic, it posts normally. Bass-ackwards!

Although, there was one time it randomly posted a vertical pic normally, so there must be a way around it.

Oh, and American white IPA.

The phone has an accelerometer that it uses to determine the orientation. It is smart enough to make the photo itself be in the correct orientation. Not sure why it doesn't always happen.

And, both of your answers are further from the correct answer than JordanKnudson's original answer.

Hint: JordanKnudson's original guess was close.

But there is a word that describes two different data points of a particular kind of beer. And that word is missing.

There is another word that describes the type of yeast used, but I'll do without it as long as someone uses the other two important words (the nationality word isn't that important to me although it is technically part of the style).

So we're looking at 2 to 4 words. 2 of them are deemed important. One of those important words is present in JordanKnudson's original guess. One of the less important words is also present.

For those who want to guess the specific beer, here is an additional hint: when I said "reasonably local" I mean reasonably local to me: San Clemente, CA which is near San Diego. This brewery is roughly 2 years old and they're known for retaining a particular consultant who is well-known in homebrewing circles for doing interesting things with interesting yeasts, particularly brettanomyces and 100% brett beers, especially his 100% brett brux "trois" IPA (although this particular beer does not use brett).

P.S. if someone guesses the style, I'll wait a little while to see if someone guesses the exact beer. If so, that person wins the round. If not, I'll give it to the style guesser. If you guess the style, though, it won't be hard to derive the exact beer from the hints I've given.

:mug:

20140922_153151.jpg

This one may or may not be tricky for you sleuths. I'm looking for the specific beer, as the style alone will be too easy to guess. It's another relatively local beer. I will see how the first day of guessing goes, and if it seems too hard, I'll give big hints.

Photo on 8-28-14 at 7.48 PM.jpg

I dont know style by I want it in my face now brewery?

Oh, and that previous Modern Times - Hoppy Tropical Wheat looks so sexy. I definitely don't think that one makes it this far to our side of the states.

Yeah thats right down my alley. It looks like our biggest beer stores don't even carry it, I would've went out of my way after work to find it. Boo.

Chocotaco, you have zeroed in on my affinity for 3-Floyds, but it is not Zombie Dust. (Even this close to the brewery, it is still hard to get my hands on ZD without actually driving down to the tap room. I stopped in a bar recently that had tapped the latest delivery of it the night before, and it was already gone).

Eh, give it a try. It still might not be as obvious as you think. (Remember that this time, I didn't say that it was a year-rounder)

Nope, that's actually further away from the correct style. (However, you guys are correct that it's from 3 Floyds, although I'm sure that's already established).

Okay, super-sleuths, I'm dropping another hint. If you've been trying to ferret out the brew using the brewery's website, you have probably not even glanced at this beer, as the site (for some reason) has it listed under a category that might lead you to believe that I wouldn't be cracking one open at home. (To be honest, I just noticed this, and I don't know why they listed it this way. It is a little bit misleading/confusing).

Pale ale is the correct style, but it's not Yum Yum or Space Station: Middle Finger. One further hint: this beer is particularly local/midwestern.

I'm throwin' in the towel. We don't even have Floyds here.

As my grandfather always said, "That boys gotta lotta quit in em'".

Latest posts

Back