MLB Playoffs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd_k

Reaction score
Ok! The playoffs have begun! Who's gonna win the World Series????? I gotta go with my team, the Yankees!

To celebrate the start of the the second season, I make my re-appearence.

Torre vs Leyland
Yankees vs Tigers
The Babe vs Ty

Life is good baby.

I suppose I have to go with MY team (go Metsies!) but I'm also a giant Twins fan. I "discovered" Joe Mauer when he and I were both 17. I was playing a very in-depth fantasy league, and brought him up from AA ballclub to play out 3 months of the regular season.

I'm so proud of my boy. Such a good boy, such a handsome boy...

Dude said:
It figures you are a Yankee fan! :p

Go Brewers! Oh wait....

What do you mean, It figures? I grew up in Jersey! I'm a little worried, both road teams won the first 2 games today.

Welcome back El P!

****! Hate ****in' Yank-****in'-ee's ****ing bastards.

I'm going to go dunk my head in my cyser. Between the 13%ABV and the sulfur smell of the first week of primary, that should be less suffering (and a quicker death) than watching this thrice-damned Yankees team. Haaaaate.

Jealousy is an ugly thing. It's not the Yankees fault that 2 of your starters are injured. The Muts will still win their first series.

There's only one team I hate as much as the Chubs, and that's the Damned Yankees! DAMMITT!!!! 5-0!!!! COME ON, DETROIT!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah they did. Now this d-bag Myers just gave up a HR. :mad: I need to go to bed.

Yeah ,to bed... or back to Thailand...er...Taiwan... where your darling pitcher is from...

(man, I make a very unconvincing racist). No,Wang is a hell of a pitcher. Yikes.

I'm in an odd position - I usually pull for the AL central rep, but I have a particular dislike for Ordonez and don't want to see him win. I also would like to see Frank Thomas get another ring.

I think it will probably come down to the Yanks and A's for the World Series. Let's be honest here - the AL pennant IS the World Series.

I hate the playoffs. The Yankees games always start late and I end up staying up to watch the whole game because it's not like I can sleep if I go to bed. Then Torre goes and pulls Wang which is probably meant to save him for game 4 or 5 (if necessary) but c'mon Joe, there were 2 outs!

I strongly, strongly hate Wang (as I hate all Yankees), but like every life-long Yankee-Hater I will admit readily that he (and most Yankees) are mind-crushingly talented.

I'm not saying a damn word. I know if I do, SOMEONE will do something the next freaking 3 games and that'll be all she wrote. I've had the Night of the Living Dead on the field since the All Star break and even when they surge they try to give away the damn thing at the end of the season, Then they LIMP, yes LIMP, pitifully into the post season.

So I'll take my win against the Pods today (who MURDERED us in the last regular season series TYVM) and wait to see what tomorrow brings...

I'm not taking S#%t for granted, least of all my beloved Birds. I Love em' but they've KILLED me this season.

Of course I AM happy they didn't finish 17 and a half back. :D

Ize

Wow, the guy from Mizzou is picking the Cardinals.... Who'd a thunk it?

Are you sure they'll win in 6? The Cards would probably just get swept again...

El Dookie is off the roster for this series so they Muts will be starting a rookie tonight!

I'm pretty sure it'll be a Yankees / Mets series and the Yankees will pull it out as much as I hate to admit it. And LA has no chance, the whole team is ex-Red Sox that have been washed up for years, they're gonna tank.

P funky said:
I strongly, strongly hate Wang (as I hate all Yankees), but like every life-long Yankee-Hater I will admit readily that he (and most Yankees) are mind-crushingly talented.

Yeah well with a $200M+ payroll they'd better. Doesn't mean we have to like it, though.

For some reason, that "bias" doesn't really bother me all that much... :D

He writes from the perspective of a fan, if he *didn't* have that pro-Boston bias, he'd just be another writer. You can't really separate it out.

Did you have to catch Simmons on the Colbert report the other night? His future is definately... off camera. The most awkward five minutes I've seen in a long time.

ablrbrau said:
Yeah well with a $200M+ payroll they'd better. Doesn't mean we have to like it, though.

I'm sorry but are they breaking any rules? Any team can spend as much (or as little) as they want. It's not the Yankees fault that some teams are too cheap to field a respectable team. Then again, look at the Twins and A's, small payrolls but competitive, especially the A's! The freakin' Marlins were in contention up until the last couple weeks!

2nd Street Brewery said:
He is pretty good if you can get past that RedSox bias of his. He couldn't give the Yankees credit for anything to save his life.

Truth be told, the entire national media (FOX, ESPN) thinks the only teams in MLB are the Yankees and the Red Sox and forget there are teams outside of the Eastern time zone!!!:mad: No matter how good or bad, they always lead off national coverage with the BoSox or the Yanks! I loved how, during last year's series, that boring windbag Len Berman didn't call the last out in the White Sox/Red Sox sweep with the words "And the White Sox win the series!" No. It was all about how Boston would not repeat as World Series champions and how tough that was. It took him awhile before he ever even acknowledged the winner.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against either team. Well, okay - maybe the Yanks. But who doesn't?!;) I rooted for the Red Sox the year they won! I'd just like to see more balance out of the national coverage.

Bill Simmons is funny but yes, he is a Red Sox homer and he doesn't try to hide it. I find him more funny during basketball season. The whole Jeter the Cheater reference doesn't make any sense. How does he cheat?
As for the ESPN coverage, I get sick of Yanks/Sawx too. Especially when the Sawx are on ESPN more than the Yankees are. No one outside of New England cares anymore about the Sawx! :cross:

Back