Requiem for a great batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cweston

Reaction score
It's always so sad when the really good ones go dry.

I'm down to 3-4 bottles of my all-columbus APA. It was probably the best beer I've ever made, and was my first AG batch, so it has "sentimental value" :eek:

So who's requiem are you going to play when it's officially gone? Mozart is the old standby. Brahms' is great and one of my favorites. When I was in college we did Durufle's, kinda like plain chant meets impressionism.

/music nerd :eek:

Brewsmith said:
So who's requiem are you going to play when it's officially gone? Mozart is the old standby. Brahms' is great and one of my favorites. When I was in college we did Durufle's, kinda like plain chant meets impressionism.

/music nerd :eek:

How about Ligeti's Lux Aeterna?

/music uber nerd :eek:

(Durufle--meh. Mozart and Brahms are always the gold standard, generally. My composition students are always amazed at how much I want them to listen to and study Mozart and Brahms. They seem to expect all Webern, Stravinsky, Javanese Gamalan music, etc.--as if no one brfore the last 100 years knew what they were doing.)

Nothing beats Mozart's requiem or Bach's Cello Suites on a Sunday morning with a red eye, or late at night with a nice Belgian Trippel while I'm puttering around in the kitchen.

Latest posts

Back