Clear hose at lowes, homedepot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnfever

Reaction score
I need to replace my hose on my auto siphon, Can I use that clear hose that you would get from lowes or homedepot? It looks the same as what came with my kit.

yup, thats where i get my replacement hoses from. 5/8 tubing i believe for my auto siphon. I think it's like 21 cents a foot.

This is the stuff that says "not for icemakers" right? I'm not entirely sure that it's food safe.

Are we just concerned with how long the beer will stay in the line? I'd prefer not to drink India Plastic Ale.

If it is the Watts brand it is food safe. I called the company a couple months ago. All of their tubing is food safe. I bought the 5/8" for my autosiphon, too.

This is the stuff that says "not for icemakers" right? I'm not entirely sure that it's food safe.

IIRC, it's "not for icemakers" because it is not rated to handle the water pressure over long periods of time, not because it is not food safe.

+1 its what I use, I even found some 3/16" that I use for beer lines on a couple of my taps.

Back