Father's Day Brew with pictures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike M

Reaction score
I brewed me up 10 gallons of https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f69/bms-outer-limits-ipa-87310/ on Father’s Day. Tis a nice IPA, I recommend it . My youngest helped out; it was, after all, Father’s Day . He measured out the hops and was responsible for every addition. Seven additions for a total of 8oz. I took some pictures.

I brew out back on my deck. Here’s my set-up.

062509_003.JPG

First wort hopping - 2 oz of Nugget.

062509_004.JPG

The boil - I love the smell.

062509_006.JPG

Close enough for government work.

062509_011.JPG

And into the buckets.

062509_013.JPG

Dinner wasn't too bad either, it was, after all, Father's Day.

062509_026.JPG

1.076 nice job man. thats the stuff that dreams are made of.

I have the same pot, part of a turkey fryer...comes with a drain already in.. bought at lowes

Yep the very same. It was my kettle until I noticed a pot gathering dust on a shelf in my brother’s garage. He had no use for it, so I gladly took possession. :D

Just curious, how many gallons is your boil kettle?

I don’t really know. As I mentioned it came to me second hand and I’ve never taken the time to determine capacity. That’s probably about 13.5 gallons in the boil picture. So it could definitely hold another 5 gallons. All I need is a bigger cooler (saw one at BJ’s just the other day ;) ) and I can do 15 gallon batches. :drunk:

Back