annapolis, MD area brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To anyone who's interested in joining our little club or seeing what it's all about that isn't on our email list yet, we're having a quick meeting tonight at Punks at the Annapolis Mall at ~6:30. We should be easy to find, i'll probably be standing on a table yelling at an Air Force Captain.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

damn. Kid's chorus concert tonight.

This was a very productive meeting. We got quite a bit hashed out. Also, Brooklyn sorachi ace "Saison" is magic in a bottle. I'll post up the meeting minutes in a little while.

This was a very productive meeting. We got quite a bit hashed out. Also, Brooklyn sorachi ace "Saison" is magic in a bottle. I'll post up the meeting minutes in a little while.

AGREED. I brought it up last week as a damn fine example.

For anyone that finds this thread...

We have moved most of the discussion to e-mail. The next meeting will be Thursday, 21 June at 6:30pm. The location will be in Deale, MD. IPA will be the style so bring it if you got it. If you have something else then bring that too and you'll get some great feedback on your beer from a great group of brewers that will be expecting to share their beers and get the same type of feedback from you. More details to follow as we get closer.

Im gonna send a bottle of my amazing ipa with Kurt. If there was a prize, I'd win two of them!

Will do.

I pulled a sample of the Oatmeal Stout yesterday, and I really liked it. I used Marris Otter for the base malt, and it added a really nice, nutty flavor to it. I am hoping that it goes well with the coffee I'm using.

As long as I don't have either flat bottles or bottle bombs from priming with maple syrup, I'm excited for this one.

Yeah DFH 75 was the only commercial example I could think of. I don't get any noticeable maple flavor out of that one, but it could be overpowered by the hops. I just figure that it's worth a try in an oatmeal stout, especially because this Maple Syrup was a gift and we rarely eat pancakes/waffles....may as well use it for beer!

For anyone not on our email list and interested in coming to our next meeting PM me for directions. It is an IPA tasting .

well i have to say i'm shocked and very happy this blossomed into a new club formation! just what i wanted, just a few months too late ;)

i've moved back to NJ but wish you all the best! annapolis homebrew is a great shop and there service is top notch.

cheers

Thanks! We're having a good time! If you ever head back down here (even to visit) let me know and we'll have a few beers.

If anyone wants to attend this next meeting send me a private message with your email and we'll get you set up in the email list. This months style is hefe's!

If anyone wants to attend this next meeting send me a private message with your email and we'll get you set up in the email list. This months style is hefe's!

And if you don't have a hefe just bring whatever you want us to try. We won't complain! Even if it tastes like ass we'll just give it to Eviljay because he'll drink anything.

I just found this thread. I am in Pasadena. I am also busy as crap so I don't know when I'd be able to venture out to a meeting. I'll try to keep an eye out and maybe I'll see you guys sometime. :mug:

Throw me a PM with your email and we can add you to our email list if you'd like.

You'd get a better idea of when meetings will be/where they are etc.

Cheers for now

I just found this thread. I am in Pasadena. I am also busy as crap so I don't know when I'd be able to venture out to a meeting. I'll try to keep an eye out and maybe I'll see you guys sometime. :mug:

Glad to know others are still finding this thread! The next meeting is this Thursday if you can make it. Otherwise just get your e-mail address to one of the members and we'll add you to the club e-mail list.

Thanks! We're having a good time! If you ever head back down here (even to visit) let me know and we'll have a few beers.

luck would have it that some one got fired at my old job and they brought me in to temp fill/try to get me to take the job. where is your guys meeting this week?

thinking about moving back down :mug:

luck would have it that some one got fired at my old job and they brought me in to temp fill/try to get me to take the job so i'm staying in an extended stay in annapolis mon-fri this week and probably next week. where is your guys meeting this week?

luck would have it that some one got fired at my old job and they brought me in to temp fill/try to get me to take the job so i'm staying in an extended stay in annapolis mon-fri this week and probably next week. where is your guys meeting this week?

The meeting is at EvilJay's house in Crownsville. He probably doesn't want me posting his address on here so send him a private message and I'm sure he'll reply.

Just wanted to bump this thread to the top. We are very much alive and active. We're approaching 30 members and will always welcome more.

PM me for information if you'd like.

Just wanted to bump this thread to the top. We are very much alive and active. We're approaching 30 members and will always welcome more.

PM me for information if you'd like.

looks like i'm officially moving back, renting a place in edgewater/mayo by the end of the month. can't wait to join and have some meetings.:mug:

Hey just found this thread. Nice to learn about other brewers in the area. Just curious - have any of you been able to track down a more detailed water report for our area than what's available through the county website. The one posted doesn't give any information about calcium, magnesium, bicarbonate or other compounds that can affect mash pH.

Thanks!

Hey just found this thread. Nice to learn about other brewers in the area. Just curious - have any of you been able to track down a more detailed water report for our area than what's available through the county website. The one posted doesn't give any information about calcium, magnesium, bicarbonate or other compounds that can affect mash pH.

Thanks!

I live in Pasadena so I know what you're talking about. It looks like we'd have to send the water off to be tested cause there doesn't appear to be any sort of useful report.

What about that Hague Water place off of 50? I drive by that every day to work, and always wondered if they had all the information readily available.

No idea though.

Back