What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee and donuts. I won't be having any beer for a few days because my wife is getting induced for labor tonight. We should have our little guy sometime tomorrow!

Porter Grayson Behnke, 6lbs 9.5oz, 20 1/4 inches long.

ForumRunner_20130404_191425.jpg

My Apfelwein. 4 months in secondary and finally starting to get good... Up next is an Old Rasputin.

Im just now realizing that the pictures I upload from my phone go in at full size. I never get on this site on a computer until earlier today. Someone could have yelled at me!! If it doesnt bother you guys maybe I wont change my photobucket settings :drunk:

That said. Considering taking this out of the cellar. April 2008 Allagash Curieux

label.jpg

Im just now realizing that the pictures I upload from my phone go in at full size. I never get on this site on a computer until earlier today. Someone could have yelled at me!! If it doesnt bother you guys maybe I wont change my photobucket settings :drunk:

That said. Considering taking this out of the cellar. April 2008 Allagash Curieux

Not a problem for me - I'd rather see the picture clearly. While not really trying to dissuade you, that seems like a special occasion beer. Is tonight special?

Channel66 said:

I bet it ages well. You know I love Allagash, but I've only had Curieux on draft and hated it. So much whiskey flavor and alcohol burn. I bet 5 years on it will do wonders.

Forget special. Drinking great beer for no particular reason is special all on its own.

Not a problem for me - I'd rather see the picture clearly. While bot really trying to dissuade you, that seems like a special occasion beer. Is tonight special?

So I turned 21 in April 2009 I went out and bought about $500 worth of high end beer but had been brewing a lot at the time as well so I aged most of them, I actually have 4 of these in my cellar from this date (along with a ton of other beers from that first legal purchase).

Today isnt so much a special occasion as much as a Im dying to get into some of my older beers, Traditionally I crack one on my birthday, but I already have birthday beer lined up this year.

Long story short, nope not a special occasion, just another cellar beer that if I dont drink it tonight I will bring it out some night when Im wasted and not be able to properly enjoy it.

EDIT:

I bet it ages well. You know I love Allagash, but I've only had Curieux on draft and hated it. So much whiskey flavor and alcohol burn. I bet 5 years on it will do wonders.

Forget special. Drinking great beer for no particular reason is special all on its own.

It does age well, Ive never had it on tap, I usually dont order allagash on tap. To me they are better out of a bottle. This is one of my favorite beers though, I really enjoy the whiskey flavor. The one I opened last year from this production was just about perfect I cant imagine that this one can top it. It was nice and smooth with a lasting head, woody but not overpowering, the oak and whiskey flavors melded in with the backbone of the beer rather than overpowering it like it would when it was young. :cheers:

When do you get the1st round results for NHC?

I think they're posting results in early to mid May but the rules say brewers will be notified by May 24th if any of their beers advanced to the finals. I sure hope it doesn't take that long, though, because if I need to re-brew a beer, less than a month probably won't cut it, depending on the style.

So I turned 21 in April 2009 I went out and bought about $500 worth of high end beer but had been brewing a lot at the time as well so I aged most of them, I actually have 4 of these in my cellar from this date (along with a ton of other beers from that first legal purchase).

Today isnt so much a special occasion as much as a Im dying to get into some of my older beers, Traditionally I crack one on my birthday, but I already have birthday beer lined up this year.

Long story short, nope not a special occasion, just another cellar beer that if I dont drink it tonight I will bring it out some night when Im wasted and not be able to properly enjoy it.

EDIT:

It does age well, Ive never had it on tap, I usually dont order allagash on tap. To me they are better out of a bottle. This is one of my favorite beers though, I really enjoy the whiskey flavor. The one I opened last year from this production was just about perfect I cant imagine that this one can top it. It was nice and smooth with a lasting head, woody but not overpowering, the oak and whiskey flavors melded in with the backbone of the beer rather than overpowering it like it would when it was young. :cheers:

Well if it was perfect last year, you've waited too long and should probably drink all 4 tonight! I've had some great Allagash beers on tap, Old HLT and Saison Mihm at an event last year, and Blonde and Yakuza as draft only releases. That's why I was so dissapointed in the Curieux.

Pretty cool that you had such an epic haul when you turned legal and that you were already brewing yourself. I went on a road trip brewery tour shortly after my 21st and hit Victory and Dogfish amongst others. Both were way cooler back then. ;) Back in my day, 90 minute came in 750s with a human blockhead on the label, it was hoppy, and people liked it! I scored a case of World Wide Stout from the 21% batch for $100 at some random liqour store in northern Delaware one of the guys at the brewery told me about. Drank one of those and a first year dark lord along with so many vintage de dolle with a buddy earlier this year. Crap, I might be inebriated.

Drinking my first attempt at a brett finished beer. A saison fermented with wy3726 (biere de garde, but supposedly fantome's strain) and conditioned wth wyeast brux. It's fantome-esque in it's uneveness, the small bottles seem to be pretty good, the larger ones overly funky and medicinal. This is a smaller bottle and is tasty, maybe I'll try another after some biere de mars.

Had a sample of my farmhouse ESB before the brett saison.:D

Drinking a HB rye PA w/ Amarillo and Simcoe.

Missed my gravity by quite a bit.

Freaking delicious. Probably 4-4.5%abv.

Gonna use more rye.

EDIT: Porter is a great name for a Home Brew Baby!!!

Porter Grayson Behnke, 6lbs 9.5oz, 20 1/4 inches long.

View attachment 113321

Brilliant you named him after beer and swmbo didnt say no!

This Curieux is for you mate! :mug:

61e729aa-9a8f-4ed4-921b-0cb7747bebb0.jpg

Sorry about the crappy picture, camera is in the car, and phone died, too lazy to go get the camera, and well I suppose I could have plugged my phone in. Webcam photo it is.

Greeting this beer like an old friend, the alcohol flavor has mellowed out but has shined through in the nose, you can clearly taste the whiskey and oak though like last years it has mellowed into the backbone, this beer is deceptive I could knock back this whole bottle in no time flat. Maybe by the next pour I will have my phone plugged in for a proper picture.

I think they're posting results in early to mid May but the rules say brewers will be notified by May 24th if any of their beers advanced to the finals. I sure hope it doesn't take that long, though, because if I need to re-brew a beer, less than a month probably won't cut it, depending on the style.

That would make it hard/impossible to re-brew, no doubt. Especially if you had a big beer!

Just had my first 1809 Berlinerweisse. Fantastic beer--I could drink that all day and not get tired of it!

This is what Im drinking currently, a West Coast Pale with some extra hop additions. Just got done putting a Double IPA into my carboy, will get some pics in a couple weeks.

005.jpg

Lounge Lemon Lime Margarita I started in Dec 2012.

Not bad but on the sweet side. About 12% ABV so, for me, a little goes a long ways.

Swmbo took the second glass of curieux before I could be bothered to get a camera. Now we are splitting a 2010 Allagash four. (Not my favorite at all, but hey it's vintage night at the 66)

20130404_223746_Hagrid.jpg

:mug:

Edit: swarley I'm disappointed in you.

Swmbo took the second glass of curieux before I could be bothered to get a camera. Now we are splitting a 2010 Allagash four. (Not my favorite at all, but hey it's vintage night at the 66)

:mug:

Edit: swarley I'm disappointed in you.

I tried. :( I know I have failed, but it sure is a tasty failure. Patience never was one of my strong points. Homebrewing for sure has helped though. They should teach kids that in school nowadays.

Edit : I know you're more jealous than disappointed ;)

Back