1/2 inch barb for Blichmann pot valve?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, still got to decide who to go with, NB or Austin. They are both great companies
edit: just noticed the tubing is cheaper by the foot from NB. Looks like they will be who I will order from.

There are two different types of tubing in the conversation here... NB has both Silicon and Thermoplastic, Austin has silicon.

The link I posted was for the thermoplastic.

I bought a bit of both to see which I preferred. Thermoplastic is stiffer and you cannot see through it at all. Silicon is flexible and a little bit translucent. The only downside I can think of to the silicon it that for me, sometimes it is too flexible. If you have a fairly long hose coming from a horizontal connection, the weight of the fluid tends to cause the hose to bend and kink at the connection.

After some hands on with both, I have been buying the thermoplastic as I need more hose.

Ed

There are two different types of tubing in the conversation here... NB has both Silicon and Thermoplastic, Austin has silicon.

The link I posted was for the thermoplastic.

I bought a bit of both to see which I preferred. Thermoplastic is stiffer and you cannot see through it at all. Silicon is flexible and a little bit translucent. The only downside I can think of to the silicon it that for me, sometimes it is too flexible. If you have a fairly long hose coming from a horizontal connection, the weight of the fluid tends to cause the hose to bend and kink at the connection.

After some hands on with both, I have been buying the thermoplastic as I need more hose.

Ed

hmm, interesting. I think I will go with NB and the Thermo plastic as I plan on having my MLT ~ 3 feet above my kettle. My last question is weather the 12.5 inch ss braid will work well in a 10 gal rubbermaid cooler

hmm, interesting. I think I will go with NB and the Thermo plastic as I plan on having my MLT ~ 3 feet above my kettle. My last question is weather the 12.5 inch ss braid will work well in a 10 gal rubbermaid cooler

Can't help you with the braid... I fly sparge and have a false bottom.

Outta curiosity, why is your MLT gonna be 3' above your BK?

Ed

Can't help you with the braid... I fly sparge and have a false bottom.

Outta curiosity, why is your MLT gonna be 3' above your BK?

Ed
I plan on putting my mlt on my dryer with the BK on the ground and letting gravity do the work

I plan on putting my mlt on my dryer with the BK on the ground and letting gravity do the work

Got it... I thought you were saying there would be 3' between the top of the BK and bottom of the MLT which would put the MLT "way" up in the air.

I'm tired of lifting... I'm working toward a single tier electric rig so I don't even have to bend down to light the burners. ;)

Good luck,

Ed

Got it... I thought you were saying there would be 3' between the top of the BK and bottom of the MLT which would put the MLT "way" up in the air.

I'm tired of lifting... I'm working toward a single tier electric rig so I don't even have to bend down to light the burners. ;)

Good luck,

Ed

yeah, that's my dream someday but you have to start somewhere :D

Back