Help! I need to name this beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArkotRamathorn

Reaction score
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=545674

So I was lucky enough to win a county fair with a beer I made back in March, link above to the recipe in question (a honey bock but used an ale yeast due to lack of temp control).

This of course was the first recipe I never put any thought into name it, just wanted it to taste good first. Now Fast forward to yesterday and brewed the recipe at a local brewery that just opened this year and it will be served as a pilot batch to the local beer drinking community. I don't personally have any good ideas, though two ideas came forward.

Head brewer Eric after we were bs'ing and I joked I usually go for a Monty Python reference for my beers came to the conclusion calling it Tim the Enchanter for the time being. SWMBO suggested calling it Atilla the Huney Bock which is a good bit more clever.

My problem is I cannot think of names that are even remotely sales friendly or politically correct since I have the mind of a 5 year old. I have no financial gain in this, just wanting a name that will make beer drinkers giggle/belly laugh, then order it.

Eric the halfabock
I'm a lumberbock, and I'm okay
Ram's Bladder Bock (Okay, straying into dangerous territory on that one) :D

Non-pythonesque:
Golden Goat
Honey Rambock

Eric the halfabock
I'm a lumberbock, and I'm okay
Ram's Bladder Bock (Okay, straying into dangerous territory on that one) :D

Non-pythonesque:
Golden Goat
Honey Rambock

I'm digging the Eric the Half-A-Bock, definitely putting that one on the list. I'll still run the Ram's Bladder Bock but I fear for the crowd that will be "oh god does it have fish bladder in it, I would never drink anything with fish bladder in it *takes a sip from a commercial wine* thats so disgusting" won't order it.

Digging more into Monty Python and anything related to honey. Icelandic Honey Festival Bock, though I think almost no one would get the joke.

Would no one expect it?

Did someone say Tim?

1148888627_tim.jpg

Back