Full Hard Lemonade recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually got mine started this weekend - to the original recipe. Posting so that I can remember when I pitched. Hope to keg on 4/30
Kegged today. FG was 1.001 according to my hydrometer. Sample definitely tasted dry.

I used 5 cups sugar on the backsweeten... Otherwise staying true to the recipe in post #2.
Filled a 5 gallon keg and a 2.5 gallon keg nearly perfect.

Will be starting another batch ASAP.

This stuff is perfect for sitting next to the barbecue on a beautiful day don't think I'll be taking it on the boat much, it's powerful. I may need a nap this afternoon

Attachments

• IMG_20220501_112603_01.jpg
    IMG_20220501_112603_01.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20220515_162131766.jpg
    PXL_20220515_162131766.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I put this in the fermenter a week ago. I had trouble finding the frozen lemonade so ended up with 6 cans of lemonade and 6 cans of limeade. I looks like it will be a little darker then the pictures I see of others. After 7 days I am still getting airlock activity. One bubble every 3-4 seconds still. Just added a new tap to my kegerator for this to go in next weekend. Pretty excited to give it a try.

I put this in the fermenter a week ago. I had trouble finding the frozen lemonade so ended up with 6 cans of lemonade and 6 cans of limeade. I looks like it will be a little darker then the pictures I see of others. After 7 days I am still getting airlock activity. One bubble every 3-4 seconds still. Just added a new tap to my kegerator for this to go in next weekend. Pretty excited to give it a try.
HI! I am very interested to hear how this works out! Late year I tried a prototype 1 gallon scaled back batch using frozen limeade instead of lemonade. It turned out very good tasting, however the gravity of the limeade seemed to be slightly lower than lemonade, so the end product did not have a high ABV. If I were to make it again, I would add more sugar or DME before fermentation to make up for the gravity points. This recipe is a got to with at least 2 batches made every year and they're gone before you know it. I put strawberries in secondary and add 10% extra DME and it always turns out perfect.

Back