parts list for Force Carb Liter Bottles...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inda_bebe

Reaction score
Ive been wanting to carb up a couple bottles in a 2 liter bottle. but ive been searching around for a parts list and couldnt find what i really needed. i want to keep it portable cause im just gonna force carbonate a 2 liter while i bottle condition the rest. these are what i came up with:

20 oz. co2 paintball tank
tire inflators (stainless)
regulator (but im not sure what kind, and i want to keep it cheap)
some 2 liter bottles

thanks so much in advance, im very new to this and dont want to directly get a kegging system cause i dont have the space.

Some remote setups for paintball have regulators built in. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/not-bike-pump-keg-evolution-104511/index31.html

I saw this and this looks perfect,
IMG_1774.JPG
and just attach this to a tire inflator
https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/data/4/medium/IMG_1774.JPG

Ive been wanting to carb up a couple bottles in a 2 liter bottle. but ive been searching around for a parts list and couldnt find what i really needed. i want to keep it portable cause im just gonna force carbonate a 2 liter while i bottle condition the rest. these are what i came up with:

20 oz. co2 paintball tank
tire inflators (stainless)
regulator (but im not sure what kind, and i want to keep it cheap)
some 2 liter bottles

thanks so much in advance, im very new to this and dont want to directly get a kegging system cause i dont have the space.

If you want to go cheap first cost...
Genuine Innovations makes a Cornie Keg charger($20) that uses cartridges ($2) The trigger is sensitive enough there is no need for a regulator to charge a PET bottle.

A couple feet of 1/4 ID braided tube, a male to male adapter, and 1/4" threaded hose barb can connect up to a DIY carbonator cap. A couple hose clamps if you want and I made a "chuck" with a valve stem extension.

Combine that with a ss tire stem as you've said and its time to force carb some beer.

Pic forthcomming

Pretty simple. I bottle but use the cartridges for hydro samples and to top off bottles that weren't quite there yet.

A $2 16g cartridge will last for weeks if sealed good and can Carb up about 5L of beer. This wouldn't be the way to go if you do not want to bottle condition the bulk of your beer.

ForumRunner_20120306_193513.jpg

Worst case if in the future you buy a real keg setup you can still use the cornie charger if you take a keg mobile.

Just to follow up on a PM request. Here is my very simple budget charger build.

6494-gi-co2-cornie-charger-diy-fill-nozzle.jpg

Charger Parts List & links:
GI Keg Charger $20 @ LHBS / online for less
1/4" MFL to 1/4" MPT fitting from LHBS or $2.39 @ midwest
1/4" Hose barb swivel nut from LHBS or $1.29 @ midwest
approx 2' Vinyl Tubing Braided, 1/4" ID x 1/2" OD @ Home Depot/Lowes etc
(2) 1/2" hose clamps (optional)
Valve extension Chuck (optional)
Teflon Tape (not required*)

DIY carbonator cap:
Metal Tire Stem
PET soda bottle and original cap
Tire stem tool

Basic Charger Build:
1.) Teflon tape* and Screw the 1/4 MFL x 1/4 MPT fitting into the GI Keg Charger
2.) Teflon tape* and Screw the hose barb onto the other end of the MFL/MPT
3.) Cut approximately 2' section of 1/4" ID braided vinyl hose and push on to the barb,
4.) Slip a 1/2" hose clamp over the barb and tighten
You now have a basic CO2 charger once you install a 16g food grade cartridge according to the GI directions. Yeah, it's that easy.

Basic DIY carbonator cap: Credit http://www.truetex.com/carbonation.htm

1.) Discard all the rubber gaskets from the tire valve.
2.) Use the stem tool to remove the interior valve assembly
3.) Drill a 3/16"(? confirm size - match stem) hole in the bottle lid. Leave the interior soft plastic gasket.
4.) Insert the stem from the inside of the cap and place the washer and nut on the outside. Hand tighten + 1/2 turn

You've now got a fully operational deathstar. Er, Carbonator.

Basic force carbing instructions
1.) Fill bottle with liquid to be carbed to original soda height and chill. You can play with water.
2.) Screw the cap on. Warm the free end of the vinyl tube under hot water and "thread" on the end of the tire stem. Tighten the second optional hose clamp or make the optional chuck.
3.) Loosen the cap slightly and squeeze the air out. Retighten lid
4.) Give a short burst of the GI trigger.
5.) Shake. The bottle should shrink and relax.
6.) Repeat the co2 blast about 3 times total per 1/2 liter.
7.) Uncap and enjoy.

Refer to the bottom of this for instructions on how to make the screw on chuck.

Hope that helps.

damn, that was exacally what i was searching for. everything right on the dot. basic and functional. im gonna use this just to sample some homebrew while i bottle condition the rest. thanks big time.

Did you get this going? How didi it work for you? The link to the cap build above seems like alot of work for 2 liter set up. I'm thinking there has to be a more simple way to create a carbing and dispensing system, I too am low on space!

I'm going to be brewing some root beer and ginger ale soon, do you think a setup like this could work to force carbonate sodas?

I'm going to be brewing some root beer and ginger ale soon, do you think a setup like this could work to force carbonate sodas?

im sure it would work, My son made carbonated lemonade with our 2 liter bottles. We used the tire valve stem method, 3.00 and it works grreat.

Go to BargainFittings.com and search for Kent Carbonator Cap, comes with the cap and the quick disconnect and you can buy extra caps. So cheap it's not worth trying to roll your own.

I tried to search that term on thier site, nothing came up. It looks like they have alot of good stuff, just not a user friendly site for beginer brewers, you have to know exactly what your looking for.

Latest posts

Back