Quick questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose123

Reaction score
I need to free up one of my fermenters. It's 3 weeks old so can I put it in my keg blast some co2 on it and let it sit for a few weeks at 68 degrees and then cold crash in the keg?

I need to free up one of my fermenters. It's 3 weeks old so can I put it in my keg blast some co2 on it and let it sit for a few weeks at 68 degrees and then cold crash in the keg?

Sure. If it's done, and has been at FG for at least 3-5 days, there is no advantage to keeping in the fermenter.

Yooper, you don't think that he might end up with a lot more yeast in the bottom of the keg by doing that? I do.

Yea it's been around 1.011 for about a week. I assuming all that drops when I cold crash will be drawn out when I pour my first pint. Thanks for the fast response!

As mentioned, you can transfer it to a keg for storage to free up your fermenter but for about $15 you can get another fermenter bucket and airlock and have two going at once. You could even blow $30 and have a third fermenter but I don't have any idea what you could ever want with 3. :p

Latest posts

Back