An invaluable piece of equipment for homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
I'm talking about a simple Rubbermaid Bus Bin. You know, the kind that restaurants use to "bus" tables. Sam's club sells a pair for 12 bucks.

0008687602116_LG.jpg

Sam's Club - Rubbermaid® Undivided Bus/Utility Box - 7.6 Gallon

I have all sorts of uses for them. The dimensions are 7”H x 21.5"L x 17.2"W which comes in very handy for soaking all sort of homebrew equipment from lids of buckets to a Blichmann BeerGun. They also come handy in catching drips when racking to carboy or keg. And for those who do not have fermentation temperature control, you can put your bucket or carboy in one and add an inch of water to use the T-shirt swamp cooler method.

I have several and I'm constantly using them in every facet of homebrewing.

Brilliant. I've been searching for something big enough so that I can sanitize my oxygen wand - I just found it. Thanks!

I like it. If you're just looking for something for tubing, etc (long slender) I'd suggest a wallpaper trough (tray). About $2 and works great for racking canes, thiefs, etc.

I just picked up a 4-pack of these for $20 at a Gordon's Food Service store in MI while visiting my parents over the Holidays. I already had two, but wanted some more.

They can also be used during sausage making:ban:

sausage2.JPG

Being unemployed, even 12 bucks kinda scares me. I dug an old bathtub out of a guy's trash about a month ago. After using my baby cousin's wagon to haul it home and scrubbing it down with soap, then caulking the drain shut, I have myself at least a 50 gallon wash basin.

I can't even tell you how many moonshine jokes I get from people.

Being unemployed, even 12 bucks kinda scares me. I dug an old bathtub out of a guy's trash about a month ago. After using my baby cousin's wagon to haul it home and scrubbing it down with soap, then caulking the drain shut, I have myself at least a 50 gallon wash basin.

I can't even tell you how many moonshine jokes I get from people.

Can't imagine why.

for things long and slender you can use a 2" pvc pipe. cap one end and the other end use a plug and threaded adaptor. make it as long as you need.

Back