Good glasses for beer tastings?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleforge

Reaction score
I have plenty of pints and pilsner glasses but one thing I don't have and have seen many people use are Sniffers. Are there certain types of beer that should not be tasted for review in these, and are they a good idea to use in general? I figured the style might allow a ton of aroma to be imparted. If this isn't the best style to go with any suggestions?

If you have a World Market nearby, they have some good small glasses.

I have a 3 oz brandy snifter for tastings that I got there.

I find a stange the best tasting glass.

stange_glass.jpg

If you are doing multiple tastings, I have a bunch of tasting glasses from various beer tastings that I use. They generally hold about 6 oz. are very clear, and straight sided. I think for a straight tasting this shape glass it the best. Now for enjoyment, I always use the appropriate glass, generally per beer advocates list.

I find a stange the best tasting glass.

stange_glass.jpg

If you are doing multiple tastings, I have a bunch of tasting glasses from various beer tastings that I use. They generally hold about 6 oz. are very clear, and straight sided. I think for a straight tasting this shape glass it the best. Now for enjoyment, I always use the appropriate glass, generally per beer advocates list.

My wife was picking me up a set of Snifters for fathers day. Figure I might as well let her even if I don't down to many high ABV brews. I suppose Mead might taste good from one! :mug:

Back