A Wonderful Hop Find

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arneba28

Reaction score
So I live in Buffalo. And there are only 3 stores from what I am told that have Beer stuff. I went to Make Your Own today in Lockport and the guy knew little to nothing. Very Small Beer Section with limited ingredients and only dry yeast, but what do I find...The Hops fridge. oh and in the hops fridge are only N Brewer, Saaz, Fuggles, and Cascades. However, they where in only 4oz packs, pellets only(fine with me), but no pack was more then $3.99. A $1 an ouce..holy god...I almost bought them out. Instead I restricted myself to a pound of pellets. got 8oz Cascade, 4oz Saaz and 4oz N. Brewer for a grand total of under $15...never new that was possible.

That's great if they're fresh enough to use. I just got burned on a pound of Saaz for $15 that won't be good for any thing but bittering or Lambics, which I don't brew. At least not yet.

Evets said:
That's great if they're fresh enough to use. I just got burned on a pound of Saaz for $15 that won't be good for any thing but bittering or Lambics, which I don't brew. At least not yet.

Saaz? At what, 2.5% AA% (when fresh)?

Better make a gueuze... :D

saaz where 4% and smelled very fresh...no dirty socks smell like someone else had lol

the_bird said:
Saaz? At what, 2.5% AA% (when fresh)?

Better make a gueuze... :D
Well I figured I'd have to use 4 or 5 oz at 60 minutes for bittering but why not? As for Gueuse, well that's uncharted territory for me.

Back