Only one mythical Beast for Life

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One beast to bring them all and in the darkness brine them

• Unicorns?

• Wolpertinger? (a rabbit with fangs and horns)

• Very small Dogs?

• Sea Serpents?

• The Lernian Hydra?

• Aigikampoi? (Fish-tailed goat)

• Popobawa? (a gay rapist one eyed ogre)?

• Daphnaie? - (Laurel tree nymph)

• Talking Rats?

• Very Large dogs?

Results are only viewable after voting.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
I was getting drunk with the Ice King, when I asked him which mythical beast was the best. So Now I am asking you freaks.

I picked talking rats. I would like to know what it wants to be seasoned with.

"Hey rat, think you would be good with garlic?"

"Uhhh...."

"Is that a yes?"

"Uhhh......"

"You keep saying that you stupid rat, no wonder you don't exist.".

I voted for unicorns because unicorns kickass!

But if I could choose from ANY mythical creature it would be the Faye.

Okay, I'll be serious on this one.

My mythical beast for life would be my wifes sex drive.

Saquatch, Yeti, Nessi, and Chupacabra have more sightings than the mythical WSD.

I picked talking rats. I would like to know what it wants to be seasoned with.

"Hey rat, think you would be good with garlic?"

"Uhhh...."

"Is that a yes?"

"Uhhh......"

"You keep saying that you stupid rat, no wonder you don't exist.".

Mine just kept saying "NO" to everything that it might be cooked and paired with, so I just made a "corn rat".

I stuck a popsickle stick up it's ass and dipped it in a beer batter that was 4 parts miller lite, 8 parts corn meal 2 parts wheat flour, 1 tbsp salt, 1tbsp of baking powder. It kicked like a horse, but finally stopped after I dropped it in 375F peanut oil for 3 minutes. Served him with mustard. MMMMM!!!!!

I voted for unicorns because unicorns kickass!

But if I could choose from ANY mythical creature it would be the Faye.

How do you marinade "the" Faye? and does the "the" imply that there is just one? If so, you could hardly eat just that 1 for the rest of your life, unless you died pretty directly.

The Faye are Irish spirits that are evil/mischevious.

I see we are cooking them...

In that case I still choose Unicorns because they do kickass and I am sure there was a story about cooking and eating one for a feast somewhere...

In that case I still choose Unicorns because they do kickass and I am sure there was a story about cooking and eating one for a feast somewhere...

Ther was a myth started by some wise asses that stated that sucking on the unicorn's horn for 1 hour would give you magical powers. You can imagine the iphone pics and texts that went along with that snipe hunt.

Legend? "May be innocent, may be sweet... ain't half as nice as rotting meat."

That was a wierd and early Tom Cruise reference........I am pretty sure he is not a mythical beast, and I definitely would not eat him.

That was a wierd and early Tom Cruise reference........I am pretty sure he is not a mythical beast, and I definitely would not eat him.

Did you not see Oprah? I would not eat him either but, I am pretty sure he's fried.

the reference was not to TC himself but to the story about eating a Unicorn. IIRC, the Trolls in that film talked of eating the Unicorn.

Gilla that may be the movie I am thinking of.

There was also a old Magic the Gathering card called "Feast of the Unicorn" The art depicted a severed unicorn head on a platter with an apple in it's mouth.

I honestly do not remember where I picked it from...

Gamera - flying turtle, loads of fun. Clearly the poll fails because gamera and the Rabbit if Caerbannog are not on it. So I must abstain.

Again.....10 CHOICES to a poll.

Did you really think I could leave off the one eyed flying ogre who rapes men and craves notariety?

Or maybe the wood nymph deserves the axe?

Maybe you have something against small dogs?

Mermaids should be on there, along with yeti, but there are only 10 spaces freaks!

Again.....10 CHOICES to a poll.

Did you really think I could leave off the one eyed flying ogre who rapes men and craves notariety?

Or maybe the wood nymph deserves the axe?

Maybe you have something against small dogs?

Mermaids should be on there, along with yeti, but there are only 10 spaces freaks!

Mermaids! You left off mermaids but added the gay ogre! Shame!

Mermaids! You left off mermaids but added the gay ogre! Shame!

The sexual orientation of a beast (although you must wonder how they procreate, or why they don't just buttburgle ezch other) does NOT effect the flavor.

Mermaids taste like crap by the way. Soooooooooo salty.

That's why the magical leopluradon is the proper choice here, but it's not even on the list...DENIED!!!!!

*sigh*............maybe we need a mythical surf and a mythical turf separate poll, because some deep fried Kraken in panko breadcrumbs makes some awesome sushi.

Why did I leave it off?

Jackalope, made as hasenfeffer.
As unbelievable as it is, somehow the jackalope did not make the final cut so I've voted for the fish tailed goat in protest (I'm thinking curried here).

One beast to rule them and in the darkness brine them.

That wasn't explicit enough?

I suppose you could take a well brined unicorn and not eat it, but WTF?

*sigh*............maybe we need a mythical surf and a mythical turf separate poll, because some deep fried Kraken in panko breadcrumbs makes some awesome sushi.

Why did I leave it off?

Sounds good to me.

I'd eat a mermaid to gain her strength.

Back