Running Two Taps off 1 Keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relampago

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Can you split the beverage line off of one keg to have it feed two taps?

Would putting a splitter on the beverage line cause to much resistance and cause foaming?

Is there a better way to do this?

Give us the reasoning to need to as well in case there's another solution. I would think you'd want a check valve each line right after the split

We are adding a kegerator to our tailgating bus. We would like to have one tap inside and one tap outside. The inside tap will go out of a tower and the outside will go from inside the kegerator outside the collar and then out to the side of the bus.

We plan on running the beer line through a cooled conduit.

We are adding a kegerator to our tailgating bus. We would like to have one tap inside and one tap outside. The inside tap will go out of a tower and the outside will go from inside the kegerator outside the collar and then out to the side of the bus.

We plan on running the beer line through a cooled conduit.

Ah, well you never mentioned it was a tailgating bus.:)

_

Before you go to all that work, just rig up a quick Tee and see if it makes too much foam....THEN run your lines to the exterior once you know it works.

The only issue with a Tee, or with any fitting inline, is it creates a restriction in the line. the restriction causes an increase in superficial velocity and a decrease in pressure, (venturi effect). The decrease in pressure can cause CO2 to crash out of solution. Best defense against this is to get an oversized barb. Got 3/16" beer lines? Use a 1/4" Tee at least, and heat the tubing so you can stretch it over the barb. A larger barb will have a larger ID, reducing the venturi effect.

You could try something like this. The connections are made on the outside of the line so you wouldnt get any restrictions.

Here are a couple pictures of the bus

oqa8er.jpg

6h2pn8.jpg

bucfanmike I would be interested in buying one of those from you.

Just to give another reason for splitting the liquid off from the keg - for my wedding, I did this with two beers because I wanted people to be able to taste the beer directly from the keg, as well as from a randall, so the Tee was to a randall and then to another faucet (I had 25 faucets total at the wedding).

only an aggie would wanna do something like that!!

haha, sweet bus though.. Eat 'em Up Kats!!

So you have little restriction use a 1/4" Y. Use 1/4 tubing from the qd to the Y, then 3/16 from the Y to the shank

Why the hell wouldn't you do this? This is what I plan on doing in my house. One faucet in the kitchen one in the entertainment area; all feeding from one keg. Beer convenience!

Please refer to all the previous threads concerning tracking down a co2 leak. Imagine if that leak was buried in a wall. You could easily fill a wall cavity with beer before you even knew you had a leak. You don't want drunk mice. Trust me. They are worse than frat boys.

Back