Three 1" into One 1.5" sanitary splitter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klyph

Reaction score
I found this in my stepdads garage, he's a welder/fabricator and he said his mentor built this years ago. I'd never seen this configuration, so I thought I'd share some pics with you guys, the welds look really nice and the inside is a lot smoother than the pics make it look.

Wonder what it was used for?

2010-12-21130634.jpg

2010-12-21130552.jpg

2010-12-21130442.jpg

Could it be some kind of experimental induction manifold for the Cobra?

It is obviously part of a robotic dinosaur. Good thing he never finished it else we would all be dead.

Mixing or supplying three different materials into one vessel;).

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Or the other way around.

I use something similar to fill 3 corny's from one sanke at one time in tandem/parallel.

I would buy that from you if you didn't want it. The fitting I use is an aluminum pneumatic fitting. The only non-stainless bit of kit I have and the only thing threaded post boil kettle too, so I just make sure to sanitize real good.

Here's a vid. Obviously I didn't stick the dismount, so be gentle! I changed my method after I made this vid. My theory is: Every output is at the same angle and there isn't one straight and two 90* (like there would be in a cross). After the receiving kegs, there is a 3 into 1 gas manifold attached to my spunding adjustable pressure relief valve. So every vessel fills at the same rate as if you were just counterpressure filling one alone.

As you can see in the vid, I was right as I'm getting within about a couple cups margin of error, but I'm no fluid dynamicist and wasn't willing to buy a cross to try it. That may work too...

I think that fitting would work well for this purpose. I've seen breweries do this with several kegs off of the bright tank.

And a pic of the fitting from McMaster (there's one npt on the other side):

5465k71_180x120.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, the fitting isn't mine to sell, just thought it was something you guys might find interesting.

The cobra is a homemade replica, fiberglass body with a camaro front clip on a custom frame with a zz4 small block chevy. "Built Ford tough out of chevy stuff" he says. The bike is a KTM Super Duke, pretty much stock.

Unfortunately, the fitting isn't mine to sell, just thought it was something you guys might find interesting.

The cobra is a homemade replica, fiberglass body with a camaro front clip on a custom frame with a zz4 small block chevy. "Built Ford tough out of chevy stuff" he says. The bike is a KTM Super Duke, pretty much stock.

OK, but we need some better pics of the Cobra including the cockpit and the engine compartment. Pull it out on the driveway where we can get a good look at it in the daylight. I'd trade a kidney for a real 427 AC Cobra!

Yeah...what Catt22 said! (all except for the kidney part...I'm not done punishing it yet)

Yeah...what Catt22 said! (all except for the kidney part...I'm not done punishing it yet)

IIRC, you have two kidneys, or at least most of us do or did. I figure I could spare one to swap for a Shelby AC Cobra:

http://www.google.com/images?q=Shel...tle&resnum=1&ved=0CCUQsAQwAA&biw=1680&bih=895

I know, they are probably one of the most impractical sports cars ever built, but they sure were sexy. I think they run on testosterone. If I remember correctly, they didn't even have roll up windows! Likely I wouldn't have my license very long if I owned one. There are much better hot sports cars available these days, but there is just something about the Cobra that grabs me. Always has!

Back