What to do

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2001SE

Reaction score
Have a batch of brew house american lager that has been in the secondary for 2 weeks. As the instruction I am ready to bottle, but now I have bought my self a kegerator, and would like to keg it instead of bottleling. Now I am moving in my new house in about a month and don't have acces to my kegerator till then. My question is what to do with my beer? Should I transfert it to a keg and carb it (I can put it in my brother's fridge for it to stay cold), should I put it in a keg and wait to carb it when I move to my new house. Just wondering what effect it could have if i carb it and leave it settle for a month...

thanks

Just wondering what effect it could have if i carb it and leave it settle for a month...

I'd keg and prime it. Give it a pop of CO2 to seat the lid. You'll have some nicely conditioned beer for the house warming.

Is it ok to force carb it? And after I have carbed it with co2 should I put it in a fridge or I can leave at room temp.

I would naturally carb it, and throw it in the kegorator as soon as you can at the new house so it will get cold to serve.

Is it ok to force carb it? And after I have carbed it with co2 should I put it in a fridge or I can leave at room temp.

You can, I just don't see the point in force carbing it now if it's just going to sit for a month. Prime it and let it sit at room temp for that time. It should be carbed and aged nicely by then.

Prime it and let it sit at room temp for that time. It should be carbed and aged nicely by then.

When you say prime it you do mean with co2 and not sugar right? So how much co2 should I put in it to prime it? Sorry for all the question i'm pretty new to kegging.

Have a batch of brew house american lager that has been in the secondary for 2 weeks.

No one else has mentioned it, but this caught my eye. If this is a lager, have you only been lagering it for two weeks in the secondary?

Additionally, if the instructions told you to bottle after two weeks in secondary, I anticipate that this "lager" is going to be "interesting".

What temp did you ferment at? How long was it in primary? What yeast did you use?

These are more important questions in my mind.

Back