AHS Swing tops Flip tops - ring around the collar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camus

Reaction score
Anybody have experience with these?

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/produ...d=989&osCsid=a07df7f45ae3cb476fb16a6b8306ca24

My brother got me a few cases as a gift. They have been great for a few batches.

Here is what I am experiencing.

Right about where it is filled to, a funky ring has developed. This is just on a few bottles of this batch. A few, not all, with the ring aren't carb'd.

I am guessing this is a seal issue, how many batches do those things last?

I got the 750ml bottles. 750ml's comes out to about 25 oz. 12 bottles = 1 case of 12 oz bottles.

I got nothin on the seals, except they look better than the rubber seals. I'm not sure what they are made of, silicone maybe?

Yeah they are some kind of plastic.

I think I will start flipping them between each batch, they seem to hold the indention they get when capped.

Definitely a seal issue, I noticed another ring at the top by the seal, bummer, lost about 30% of this batch and it is a damn good IPA.

Get a bag of silicone washers from McMaster and swap them out whenever you need. $5 for a bag of 100 should last you quite a while. Especially if you're flipping them!

b

Grolsch Gaskets -

I had a bag of these from Northern Brewer and used to swap them out every 3 or 4 uses.

Back