Gravity Transfer without tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TLProulx

Reaction score
I forgot to buy a tubing for transfering the sanitizer from my new conical fermentor to a storage carboy.

I had to stay beside the carboy to push it toward the fermentor so the stream stay centred with the funel.

That was funny but I bougth some tubing for tranfering the beer.

2013-02-09 23.39.02.jpg

2013-02-09 23.39.13.jpg

I forgot to buy a tubing for transfering the sanitizer from my new conical fermentor to a storage carboy.

I had to stay beside the carboy to push it toward the fermentor so the stream stay centred with the funel.

That was funny but I bougth some tubing for tranfering the beer.

At the risk of sounding dirty: Nice conical.

Where'd you pick that up?

Actually the fermeter was given to me by my father-in-law; he didn't needed it anymore.

it's a minibrew 8Gal fermenter : http://www.minibrew.com/

the base hass been cutted so it can be fitted inside a fridge for cold crashing ... but i'm going to restore it to the original heigth. Like you can see, the lowered fermenter needs to be lifted to completly transfert the beer to secondary carboy.

This is pretty much exactly how I move my boiled wort from the kettle to the fermenter after chilling. No real need to shake the fermenter, after a gravity trip from the countertop to the floor through a funnel with a strainer, it's plenty aerated!

No real need to shake the fermenter, after a gravity trip from the countertop to the floor through a funnel with a strainer, it's plenty aerated!
possibly... but how do you know for sure? maybe you'd attenuate more, or get a cleaner ferment, with additional aeration. unless you've done a side-by-side comparison, or have measured O2 levels, not sure we can say...

Back