First AG batch Next Weekend...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLinNH

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Been brewing now for over 15 years, and I have been playing with Mini Mashes now for about a year and a half. I have all the Kegs to make an all grain system, just have not got around to doing all the work. Well, a Home Brewing buddy of mine informed me that my "Mini mash" Cooler should be big enough to AG a Batch. It's a 48 Qt. Rectangular Cooler with a Sparge system installed. I am Psyched!!! Next weekend, a Lucknow IPA Clone AG Batch in my kitchen Baby!!! Anyone else use a Cooler as the Mash Tun for their AG System. I have a system with a Pump in mind so that I can reciprocate the Wort from the Mash tun through the Hot Liquor Tank to keep the Mash at a constant temp. Yup, once I make the stand and cut the Kegs that have been taking up space now for over a year in the garage, it'll be a hell of a system.

Wish me luck with my first AG Batch next weekend. I am thinking that with that amount of grains, my Strike temp should be about 20 degrees hotter then my Mash temp. Sound about right?

Preheat your mash tun with hot/boiling water. Drain. Add strike water according to this. I usually go over a little, then add ice water to drop it down to the right number. Then add grain. Has worked exactly every time.

Back