First wild brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zackmon21

Reaction score
I had extra wort and put on windowsill in Seattle suburbs still 60 and it started to bubble. Made a starter and made a 2 gal batch extra light dme and a oz of cascades, pitched wild starter and it's going crazy I have like 12 oz ontop of bucket blow through fermentor at day 4, didn't look for a few days. No funk smell from that. What do I do age it or bottle see what forms when do I get an idea of what I caught? Just yeast or yeast take over or will other wild things come through? I also wish to wash n keep if it is good

give it time to at least ferment out, you may like the way it tastes, or you may want to age it and see what develops. Ive never been able to capture wild yeast.

As for washing it your can wash it the way you would wash regular yeast, its gonna change over time for sure and youll definately have more than just yeast, youll have the bugs in it too.

Back