It's september!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joos

Reaction score
What does everyone have lined up for the cool weather?So far I'm doing a pumpkin ale this weekened then an Imperial oatmeal stout next.I love cold weather beers!

Just started 5.5 gallons of my "Winter Warmer":

10 lbs Light DME
2 lbs Dark Clover Honey
1 lb Corn Sugar
1 lb Crystal 60L
12 oz Crystal 120L
6 oz Chocolate Malt
2 oz Roasted Barley

1.75 oz Galena (11 AA) 60 min
2.5 oz Willamette (4.8 AA) 30 min
2 oz Willamette 15 min

Safale US-05 (2 packs)

With an OG of 1.113 this will pack a punch but probably won't really be ready until the new year.

In the meantime I'm doing a heavy-ish Bitter and a Robust Porter which will be ready much sooner. ;)

American Stout already in the bottle.
Then Pumpkin Ale
Then AIPA
Then Robust Porter

just mashed in beirmuncher's oktober ale. brewed hop rod ipa clone yesterday. can't wait to start brewing stouts!!! i love autumn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A pumpkin ale that has been conditioning since late July and brewing a brown porter in two weeks.

Well it is far from cool in September here but I only have A Pliny Clone on the docket this month so far. I have plenty of beers in the hopper already though.

What does everyone have lined up for the cool weather?So far I'm doing a pumpkin ale this weekened then an Imperial oatmeal stout next.I love cold weather beers!
Cool weather?! It's like 100°F outside. You mean it doesn't stay hot until mid November everywhere? :D

I'm way late, but I'm doing an Octoberfest this weekend.

Don't feel bad, I'm doing Ed's Oktoberfest on Friday. The fall docket also includes a Nut Brown and an ESB. I cracked open an Sweet Stout yesterday and it was fantastic. Needs a bit more time, but it's going to be nice to kick out back with that in the fall.

i really love brewing in the fall & spring, just something about the cool early mornings and stuff.

i haven't been brewing much, too busy. so two weeks ago i brewed my American Wheat, that i'll be adding some local honey too and then i brewed a hoppy American Amber. this weekend i'm brewing up a Christmas ale (maybe to late?!?!) and i noticed that Beersmith only calls for 1st runnings, so i've decided to use the 2nd runnings for something. bought some challenger and EKG hops today and english yeast...not sure what my gravity will be but i'm ready to make it anything from a ESB to an IPA, haha. but i'm assuming it'll be around 1.050 ish?!? we'll see.

Back