Bulk Grain Buy in NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braid

Reaction score
A couple friends and I are looking to do a bulk buy from North Country Malts. We are located in Fayetteville, NC. We are hoping to place our order in the next month or so.

Currently we can get a pallet shipped for $192. A pallet will hold 42 bags of grain. If we get 37 bags(approx. 2000lbs) in the order, there will be some kind of discount.

The game plan is to put together the entire order and then split the shipping according to the number of bags you have on the pallet. Ex. Total of 40 bags ordered and my order was 10 of those bags, then I pay 25% of the shipping. So, bottom line is, even if you only want to order 2 bags, you are better off than ordering by yourself.

Only other stipulation is, you wil need to come to or meet me near Fayetteville within a reasonable amount of time to pick up your order and I will confirm your order total and receive your cash (i'll give you a receipt) prior to finalizing the order with North Country Malts.

I'm even willing to meet you about half way to Raleigh, but not much further. Wouldn't be saving a whole lot of money burning gas and driving all over creation. Judging by their prices, if we can get a 30bag order, the average cost will be in the neighborhood of $45 per bag shipping included. Obviously if we can get more than that it'll be even cheaper.

I'm also open to anyone having any alternate ideas!

Back