Temp control on a keezer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illinoisbuck

Reaction score
Do most of you guys just drill your temp probe holes on the sidewalls of your keezer or through the top. Gonna end up making a coffin but for now just needing to keep the kegs cold. Thanks for any suggestion/input.

Do not ever drill through the side of the keezer unless you are SURE you know where the lines are running.
the only places you can drill is through is the top or a collar if you build it.

Do not ever drill through the side of the keezer unless you are SURE you know where the lines are running. The only places you can drill is through is the top or a collar if you build it.

I wouldn't even consider the "unless you are SURE you know where the lines are running" because it isn't worth the "OOOPS!" to find out one didn't actually KNOW where the lines are running. And those aren't just cooling lines - modern "warm wall" chest freezers have the cold side coil in the inside skin and the hot side coil in the outside skin. And lotsa luck finding both of them.

Drill through the back edge of the lid and run whatever you need - probe wire, CO2 line, circulating fan power, whatever - through there. Safe and sane...

Cheers!

I'm using a chest freezer and until I build a collar, my probe wire just runs between the freezer box & the lid. A lazy solution, but it works.

Back