Moving my Apfelwein to my NEW house

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zachatola

Reaction score
Well i took the plunge and am on the fast track to buying my first house (offer accepted, contingent on the inspection). Problem is i started my first batch of apfelwein on may 27th. but i have to be out of my current house by the end of this month.

What if any problems will i run into moving my 5 gal of apfelwein? Should i just bottle it and call it good, or should i try to move it and then when i get to the new house let everything settle down and then bottle? Mainly concerned about off tastes as opposed to the time frame....

IMO I'd just move the fermenter to the new place and let it sort itself out versus bottling too soon.

That was kinda what i was thinking about doing. Im a bit worried about bottling too soon and having issues with it afterwards. So maybe ill just cap and move and then let it all sort itself out.

Back