The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the girl is my daughter and the guy is kind of my boss,so I'm not sure that that proves anyone likes me. I think I prefer the status quo where I'm universally loathed. Otoh, look at that table of awesomeness. The creatures of the worlds waterways hate me tonight and I'm good with that.

Hey Paulie, That was a killer looking table. I'm assuming you stole that idea from someone, as I'd hate to give you a compliment.

To everyone else, Have a great American 4th of July weekend - as I patrol the frigid North Atlantic waters, ensuring that no u-boats attack the east coast as you wallow in drunken debauchery.

Ah, never mind. Yooze can alls GFY.

Well, the girl is my daughter and the guy is kind of my boss,so I'm not sure that that proves anyone likes me. I think I prefer the status quo where I'm universally loathed. Otoh, look at that table of awesomeness. The creatures of the worlds waterways hate me tonight and I'm good with that.

I know. I was just trying to make you feel good.

That is an awesome table of awesomeness, perfect for gorging. I am so very jealous, really. I bet I could easily eat my weight in shellfish if given the opportunity.

I'm calling bullshti.

Let's just say you were really really petite and only weighed 100 lbs... No one on the planet can eat 100 lbs of shellfish. Just not gonna happen.

I do! And so does Bob. And my neighbors in Texas. But apparently Toby does not.

I still can't believe you gave lobster to my dog and he spit it out. What a waste. I guess I could have washed it.......................

It was just a little. Really it was. Oh, prepare yourself for lobster, cheese, and beer. And perhaps some fried clams again. :):ban:

Agreed, there's only one place by me that serves whole fried clams and it is not always on the menu, so when I make my yearly visit to Marlborough I always make a trip to a clam shack.

I never get full of lobster. I get tired of shucking and quit. It's been proven that you burn more calories shucking a lobster than is in the meat. As long as you don't add butter you loose weight.

Now clam shack. What clam shack are we talking? MA or ME?

Cage match - Woodmans', Farnham's and the Clam Box. All within minutes of each other. I'm partial to Woodman's for the upper deck and oyster bar. Good selections in ME too.

Why would you order that? lol, seafood rookie. Try some dungeness crab, if they have it. It won't be as fresh as what we have but it's damn good. Eat cold dipped in melted butter...

Cold and dipped in butter? Looks like I'm trying something new this weekend! Wife will have to sit on a block of ice for a few minutes I guess...

Lobstah overrated? What are you drinking? Sorry, I haven't had any dungeness crab ever that I would call delicious. Unfortunately while I was visiting Vancouver, Canada my crabbing trip was cancelled. I was hoping that a fresh crab would change my mind.

I have to (reluctantly) agree. I love catching bugs. I probably catch 200+ a year. If I eat two a year I certainly don't eat three. Scallops are a different story. Don't swim between me and a scallop or I'm getting all Mike Nelson on your az and cutting your air hose.

Lobsters get eaten here when people not accustomed to lobster come to the house. Our friends from some European countries request it every time. We rarely eat it on our own.
Don't get me wrong, it's good, but there are plenty of other food we prefer.

Ate Dungeoness crab with an old girlfriend from Portland and her father. Don't remember the crab so much all, I remember is laughing like a retard with her dad, because he was one hell of a crazy, funny guy! Alas, his daughter equally crazy.

Why so uppity bro? No lobsters? I'm surprised you're not a lobster newburg kind of guy. I'd have to put that as one of the best meals I've had. To each their own.

Most of the seafood places we have around here are of the fried variety. I'm not into fried food that much. I can't remember the last time I had fried clams before last year at the Clam Box. I think I blacked out half way through from a heart attack to finish it off.

I like it simple. Lobsters boiled in seawater, raw oysters, steamers or scallops. I agree fresh scallops are on a whole different level. If I'm at Woodman's or Farnham's that's what I'll get instead of something fried.

If I'm on the west coast I'll do the dungeness. Best I've had was at the Swan Oyster Depot in SF. Around here it just isn't fresh.

How 'Bout Them Red Sox! :rockin:

I owned a seafood restaurant and retail store (on 101 in Hoodsport, WA) and ran some boats for a few years and Dungeness crab was always a huge seller in season.
Never had to send any of the catch on to the wholesalers in Seattle, the tourists cleaned them out without fail.

But I have to say, bang for the buck they're second fiddle to a two and a half pound Maine lobster.
Tasty, sure, but Dungies are a pita for not-a-lot of protein.
(And if you ever had pan fried abalone, you'd totally forget about Dungies. But I digress...)

As for the lobstah, I have one or two per year. It's likely as much a tradition thing as something to savor.
My dad made the mistake of letting me have one when I was all of six years old and it cost him big time :)

Definitely going to have one when the clan assembles on the Cape of Cod next week...

Cheers!

[edit] As I ramble into my cups on a Friday night...
Speaking of shellfish...Pauly's Louisiana mudbugs had me salivating.
A couple years back my youngest son's wife returned from a trip to NO with 5 pounds of cooked tails for me and I was in heaven for two days.
Wife wouldn't touch them, especially when I kept calling them grubs.
More for me :D
Gawd, those were outstanding...

Back