cleaning fermenting/bottling bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zodiak3000

Reaction score
i bottled my brew. after i bottled i was in hurry to leave, so i just washed out my fermenting and bottling buckets/equipment with hot water. the next day i cleaned it with "easy clean" and let in sit for about an hour before i dumped. "easy clean" is a cleanser that came with my equipment kit. so now about 5 days later i smelled the bucket and it still smells like beer. should i clean it again with something like oxiclean or b-brite? is there any good cleaning instructions i can get that will help completely clean my equip.?

The plastic buckets are going to have a lingering smell. 99% of the time its not a problem. Just make sure you get it as clean as you can without using abrasives and keep the sanitation up and you wont have a problem.

My local homebrew club recommends baking soda with little water to form a slurry. That takes out the odor, b ut make sure you rinse really well with bhot water a few times

Back