Two Turkey Fryers from one Propane Tank?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cd2448

Reaction score
Hallo brew dudes. I picked up a second turkey fryer and a larger pot at a flea market last weekend, so now I have almost all of my equipment ready to go AG. But I had a question - can I run two Turkey Fryers from one propane tank - using some sort of dual connector or something - or should I get a second propane tank?

My thinking is to use one to heat mash water and one to do the boil - in case anyone is wondering why I have two. Otherwise I have to carry large quantities of hot water down lots of stairs - not the way to go, I'm thinking.

Definitely. I have 3 burners on my stand that are all run off a single propane tank. It's rare to have all 3 going at once, but I frequently have 2 running - either heating strike and sparge water at the same time, or heating water for second batch sparge while starting the boil with first runnings.

You'll want to have a valve for each burner so you can regulate their flame independently, or shut one down completely.

Back