Too much boiloff-

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeFlynn74

Reaction score
Anyone else have this issue? I end up being a tad bit high on OG due to being 1/2-3/4 gallon short.

I seem to have wicked boiloff. Using a Keggle and a Banjo burner. Anyone else have that?

Next time I am going to sparge about 1 gallon extra

Changing up equipment always throws a wrench in here or there. The dew point and the temperature can also play a factor. Add a half gal and pitch the yeast.
The next time just factor it in. It's good to see your not worried about it, it's been a while since I saw a post like this that was just a statement of fact. Enjoy the brew.

yea its more of a quizzical thing- Ive had about the last 3-4 batches do the exact same thing and I made sure my processes were on point.

My last big beer was supposed to be 1.09 and I boiled down to 1.10. Half gallon of water and bam! 1.09.

I usually loose 1.5 gallons on a 60 minutes boil with my keggle and banjo burner.

I've been doing 90 minute prevention of dms boils and end up with the same situation. I usually run to the computer and use beersmith's dillution calculator to tell me how much I need to add to get it back on target.

Back