Graphic design guru needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I would like to come up with a t-shirt design for HomeBrewTalk.com. Art ability is not a skill I have. Any design people here willing to take on the project?

I can't promise perfection but I would be glad to help out - payment would be a free t-shirt, maybe?

Edit - wow, I didn't realize how quickly I responded to that!

I'd be willing to help, too.

Maybe we should have a contest? People can submit entries, you can narrow it down to a handful, and then we can vote?

-walker

Having a contest sounds good.

Just reply to this thread with your design and after everyone has entered we will have a contest to pick the winner. We can do prints of the other designs if the first run is good.

What should be the cut off date to enter before we vote?

So, are we essentially coming up with a new logo for the site? Or are we to use the one in the header of this page?

No not a new logo just a t-shirt design.

I would not suggest using the current logo for it. Need a design that is t-shirt friendly, doesn't have to be for the website at all.

TxBrew said:
I would like to come up with a t-shirt design for HomeBrewTalk.com. Art ability is not a skill I have. Any design people here willing to take on the project?
TXbrew, talk to me before you order your T-Shirts. A buddy of mine just started a Silk-Screening business in San Antonio and I can get you extremly good prices on shirts.

Dude said:
Ian you should work more on that hop/skull logo you had going....now THAT would be cool on a shirt....

I was actually thinking about that. I might take that up again . . . Too many projects . . .:rolleyes:

How did I miss the name change?? That is you Orrelse, right?

had worked on the keg long ago and saw this post. worked this up while enjoying a homebrew. I'm not seeing too much input on this so I gave it a try. 3 color design on grey, white, yellow would need a little work on black but doable. comments.

BOBjldesign.jpg

A lifetime membership and a free t-shirt! cool ummmm did I win, ha?:tank:

jldesign said:
had worked on the keg long ago and saw this post. worked this up while enjoying a homebrew. I'm not seeing too much input on this so I gave it a try. 3 color design on grey, white, yellow would need a little work on black but doable. comments.

A lifetime membership and a free t-shirt! cool ummmm did I win, ha?:tank:

Holy crap that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

cool thanks for the props..... and board had a dual meaning in this case - a boozed up idea I guess. If I get time I'll mock up the black and white for you guys to check out.

That's an awesome design jl, but as a devout bottle-ist I strongly object to the obvious exclusion of bottles, caps, and flippies from your graphic. Do you think those monks from which we are all (philosophically) descended racked to cornies? :mad:

ouch.... but true I had limited my thinking and you are correct. I shall add all containers of our beloved brew. keep watching.

oh the shame I feel.......the shame.......

since this thread has died? I might produce these shirts on my own changing the name of course. has this contest died? anyone?

Back