Anyone ever use Ward Laboratiries?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pellphoto

Reaction score
I'm looking to have our water tested and found this place online. They seem to be pretty inexpensive. Has anyone used them before?

Yes, I just had a brewer's water test done a few weeks ago and I am very happy with them. They send you a bottle for your water and a pre-paid return label to send it back to them. The turn around is very quick, you get the results emailed to you one day after they receive your sample.

They are the "go to" place for water analysis. Most folks on this forum use them :D

Perfect! I'll be getting a sample out to them soon, then. I wanted to get a little more feedback on them before using them. Thanks, guys!!

Not sure if you know this or not but you can send them your own sample without ordering the Beer Kit. Go here:

http://www.wardlab.com/images/SampleForms/HomeBrewer.pdf

Read the instructions on the bottom of the page. Most people seem to use a small plastic vodka bottle and they will ship it in a USPS flat rate box. The household mineral test is $21 and the Brewers test is $27.25. The Household mineral test includes:

Sodium
Nitrate
Total Hardness (Lime)
Calcium
Carbonate
Total Alkalinity
Magnesium
Bicarbonate
Potassium
Sulfate
Chloride
Electrical Conductivity
pH
Est. Total Dissolved Solids

The Brewers test includes all of that above plus Iron and Phosphorus.

Thanks, jhay. I'll most likely go for the Brewer's test. Then the fun begins... learning what all the numbers mean and what they should be.

Back