GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't be bothered to trawl though the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned that The first 9 seasons of Red Dwarf is on Netflix? Season 10 from 2012 can be seen on your PC monitor at Project free TV

For all its horror and tension, Dogtooth is a brilliant and beautiful film in its own terrible way. Fine Greek cinema -- who knew?

I have never spoken aloud by myself so many times during a film.

If that means a film is powerful, then so be it.

SPOILER* NO EFFING CONCLUSION and the "horror" is from the sheer sickness of the parents in this film and the depraved things they submit their children to.....sound fun?

The fact that I was in NO WAY able to enjoy a scene with the 2 attractive daughters completely naked, and was actually trying to cover my eyes, should tell you something.

I still feel anger well up inside me. I would not know what to say to the actor who played the father. All the acting was superb.

Hunger Games was AWESOME. The end was a little strange and not exactly settled. Guess there will be a sequel.

You do know there are books right? It's a trilogy.

There are books! WOW! THANKS! A book about a movie! Will wonders never cease!

....are you suggesting that I should be knowledgeable about every book ever written?;)

3, OK, got it. Just because there are 3 books doesn't mean that there are 3 movies made. If movie 1 is a loser they don't make 2 more.

Look at the god blasted HOBBIT tragedy. They took 1 good book and are making a crappy trilogy out of it.

Guess you weren't there to tell them that there is only 1 book.

A book about a movie!

Try flipping that around, bud. It's not like Street Fighter: The Movie the game, based off Street Fighter: the Movie, based off Street Fighter the game. It's a standard book-to-movie conversion of an incredibly popular book trilogy.

There are books! WOW! THANKS! A book about a movie! Will wonders never cease!

....are you suggesting that I should be knowledgeable about every book ever written?;)

3, OK, got it. Just because there are 3 books doesn't mean that there are 3 movies made. If movie 1 is a loser they don't make 2 more.

Look at the god blasted HOBBIT tragedy. They took 1 good book and are making a crappy trilogy out of it.

Guess you weren't there to tell them that there is only 1 book.

Movies about a best selling trilogy of books. Wouldn't expect you to have ever picked up one of those... feel free to continue being an not so nice guy though.

You know Harry potter were books before movies too right? Hope I didn't blow your mind too much.

And it doesn't work that way they contract out the whole series just like a TV show. So if movie 1 sucks, expect 2 more crappy movies because it's paid for already.

Bold is the admin Edit. Please, no name calling.

Try flipping that around, bud. It's not like Street Fighter: The Movie the game, based off Street Fighter: the Movie, based off Street Fighter the game. It's a standard book-to-movie conversion of an incredibly popular book trilogy.

Do you always have to get someone to explain jokes to you?

I don't have cable and my friends don't read hunger games or twilight or harry potter for that matter.Ease up.

Do you always have to get someone to explain jokes to you?

I don't have cable and my friends don't read hunger games or twilight or harry potter for that matter.Ease up.

I don't have cable either. And twilight doesn't belong in the same class as the other 2 series. It's drivel.

That being said. I'm a book person.

I'm done
:drunk;

I don't have cable either. And twilight doesn't belong in the same class as the other 2 series. It's drivel.

That being said. I'm a book person.

I'm done
:drunk;

Fine we are both asses.

You post sarcasm and then get all offended when I am sarcastic back. GET OVER IT.

So do you recommend reading the trilogy? I hate reading books about movies......;)

I managed to finish the first Hunger Games book, but it was a bit tough in spots. There's a decent amount of teen emo romance crap, and when I tried reading the second one it's like they had turned that dial up way past "11". I read maybe 1/4 of that second book before I gave up on it. I just don't enjoy reading about teen girls' feelings.

Battle Royale had that concept down a bit better in my opinion, although there was a decent amount of teen angsty BS in that, too.

they made a book out that? :drunk:

HAHAHA!!

I got ROASTED for that same joke! (that plus some more cynical ass baggery;))

Now as dude explained: It is not like street fighter where they made a game about a movie.....or something like that lol.

This thread got all girly. :(

SEEN DOGTOOTH?

Oh for frith's sake.

Regular show, adventure time, Ugly american, Archer, while they are cartoons are NOT girly, and are in fact some of the best TV on!

Was I off on Hunger games? The actress is from around here and is SO hot as a brunette. Did that cloud my judgement? I don't think so. The last 25 minutes did get a little wierd, but does that make a movie bad?

Cheezy, thanks a lot for mentioning that Regular Show, my wife and I have watched all 11 episodes over the last two evenings. This isn't the first time you've been indirectly responsible for using a large amount of my time ;) I am 10 IQ points dumber thanks to that show, personal favorite - the hot dog episode.

ONE....of death....TWO....of death.....
;)

I liked the Hunger Games.

Has anyone seen Battle Royal? Same principle, Japanese and crazy violent.

Battle royale is awesome.

Quite different from hunger games, but similar idea.

Damn... i had something snarky to say to you, something like you said to me when I brought up battle royale and hunger games... but I forgot! You win this one... I'll get ya though.

Damn... i had something snarky to say to you, something like you said to me when I brought up battle royale and hunger games... but I forgot! You win this one... I'll get ya though.

Yeah, sorry. You and whatsis name seemed to be saying that you either liked one or the other. Kinda the chicago style, new york style argument that I find so retarded.

If both are good, LIKE BOTH;)

Back