Guilty looking leaves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doog_Si_Reeb

Beer is Good. And stuff!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Centennial has some guilty looking leaves compared to other varieties I've grown. I can see a resemblance to its cousin... Hopefully my neighbor doesn't mistake it for a different kind of plant.

hops.jpg

LOL! My cents look identical. SWMBO grew a flower last year that looked exactly like said cousin. I can't remember the name but she shared some starts with relatives and they all gave here the susipcious eye when they took them:D

Just remembered, they were called celomes(sp?) clomes....I don't know. If you see them you'll know what I mean.

Have you seen a Japanese Maple?

I have seen both many times and I also strongly believe he was not referring to Japanese Maples. ;)

With that said to make that mistake he would have to be a nubie to "that other hobby" or overindulged in the hobby. BTW I have not inhaled in about 20 years. :D

I was surprised at the resemblance with the Centennials. My MT. Hood have much fatter leaves making it look like a completely different plant. Up close, it's pretty obvious that the Centennials are not "hemp" but from 10 feet away, it looks somewhat similar. My wife even commented on it, asking if I was sure I knew what I planted.

As far as I know, the cousin doesn't grow from rhizomes... :fro:

Pretty funny.

My mother in law was visiting and she remarked on my hops that they looked like something "else'.

First it was funny, and then I was like, What does my MIL know about "The other hops"?

Back