Whoo, free logo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killer_Robot

Reaction score
I did my first set of labels last night, though just some simple black and white text now that I'll soon have more than two brews in the same type of bottle. I mentioned to some friends that I had to figure out some better label design, and one handily volunteered this logo today.

Okay, so not free exactly, I'll just pay it in finished product. :)

Angry Robot small.gif

I like it. I wonder how it might look knocked out on black labels giving it an even darker feel.

Not bad inverted either. I wouldn't want to do that with my inkjet, but if I take it in for printing elsewhere it might work well.

Angry Robot inverted.gif

Instead of new labels for all your brews how about just changing the background color to indicate the type of brew in the bottle? So far the White one is a WIT and the Black one is a Stout, Orange for an Amber...

-OCD

It's a neat idea, though I might run out of obvious colors soon in that case. I think I might use an indicative but not strict color coding, and then put the name and date of the brew itself in smaller vertical text against the right side of the logo.

I fiddled around some more and made this layout from the base logo. Planning to put this on my recently bottled backsweetened cider. Also have a version with the color reversed, though the warning label and the brew name/description will remain black text on paper color.

CiderLogoFinalMaybe.gif

I fiddled around some more and made this layout from the base logo. Planning to put this on my recently bottled backsweetened cider. Also have a version with the color reversed, though the warning label and the brew name/description will remain black text on paper color.

I like it! I think the one side reversed version might add some nice contrast.

Okay, I got some proper laser printing done on color paper. My cutting and placing was a bit rough, but I figure I'll get the hang of it. Here's some of my finished product:

BeerLabels.jpg

Looks great!

What did you use for glue?

Thanks. I used a Staples glue stick, the sort that goes on purple and dries clear. Do the edges and an X in the middle, and so far just one stick from the three-pack has lasted through 56 bottles with plenty left. I hear milk works well too, but until today couldn't try it since I used thinner paper and inkjet printing. Might try that with some spares.

Your labels remind me of the million club notices plastered to the telephone pole, regarding the new punk band in town, playing at the >insert dive of choice<. I like it.

You should start a band, and call it Angry Robot.
Sing songs about drinking beer and crushing humans.

Back