Three Philosophers Quadruple

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donasay

Reaction score
Guess who just got some Three Philosophers Quadruple??? This guy! yea that's right me, and it was delicious.... Further review when not druk!

Probably my favorite beer hands down. I freakin' love the stuff.

Ommegang simply does not make a bad beer.

I have a bottle from 2007 and a bottle from 2005 squirreled away in my cellar!!! I cant wait to crack it open. Don't know when I want to do it though. I may look around and see if I can get an 06, 08, and 09. And when 2010 comes out, do a vertical tasting.

I have a bottle from 2007 and a bottle from 2005 squirreled away in my cellar!!! I cant wait to crack it open. Don't know when I want to do it though. I may look around and see if I can get an 06, 08, and 09. And when 2010 comes out, do a vertical tasting.

the 2005 is on it's way out. I drank a 2005 I had in May of this year, and it was good, but not as good as the 2005 tasted in 2008. You may want to finish your bottle off before 2010.

the 2005 is on it's way out. I drank a 2005 I had in May of this year, and it was good, but not as good as the 2005 tasted in 2008. You may want to finish your bottle off before 2010.

Thanks for the heads up. Ill do that soon! :ban:

Mighty tasty stuff. It's sold everywhere around here. Now getting my hands on some Russian River is a different situation...

Good thing my sister is driving back from California with a case of Pliny. :D

Probably my favorite beer hands down. I freakin' love the stuff.

Ommegang simply does not make a bad beer.

They are one of my favorite breweries, but their BPA is a disappointment. Cascade hops simply do not belong in a Belgian beer, IMO.

FYI,
I just got a bottle this past week up in Deep Creek, Md and it was delicious:D then looked a little closer and found it was a 2009. Still kicking myself for not cleaning out their supply.

The Liquor store on RT219 heading south just past the walmart on the right:ban:

:mug:

Keith

awesome beer, take a ride up to Coopestown and stop by. nice trip and several breweries in the area

Sheldon

The kriek blend makes it a bit different for a quad. I also find it more chocolatey than most of the Belgian ones I've had. Nonetheless, it's absolutely fantastic.

Just scored 2 from a local store! 2010 vintage tucked away under a shelf.
:tank:

Well I have some bad news. Just got back from touring a couple microbreweries down in Virginia. Guess who drank both of my frikken bottles?:drunk: My son's! Now my birthday is coming up they can gladly replace them. :D

:ban:

I love Ommegang. Toured the brewery in 2010 and absoultely fell in love with their beers. Before this, I had never heard of them. I was visiting Utica on business and had to go to Cooperstown since I was close...found Ommegang on the map and thought it would be cool to tour my first brewery. Little did I know that I found possibly the best brewery in the country. Best part, their beer tasting is pretty generous. We tasted about 7 different beers, and since my wife doesn't like beer, I had twice as much. I left there toasted!!

Back