Group Buy in Chicago #5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to split some hops. Maybe centennial and some Australian or New Zealand varieties.

Hey wegz what splits you interested in on the next buy? Some choc, debittered black?
It comes in a 55lb bag. How much Choc or black do you use? Even if we split it 10 ways thats 5.5LBs!! each.

I am interested PBW. In the past I would buy the 8 lb container. I would want to buy the 50lb bucket. Does anyone know if you can order PBW by the container or do you have to order in case quantities?

Mark

I was able to register on the ordering web page, and it said to wait for a confirmation email, but i havent received one yet......did i put in the wrong info?

homebrewfrank said:
I was able to register on the ordering web page, and it said to wait for a confirmation email, but i havent received one yet......did i put in the wrong info?

Try logging on again

Who was the participant in GB#5 who was one of the first, if not the first, to pick up? I believe this person either worked near or at the U of C. I ask because they gave me a 750 mL bottle of their home brewed Flanders Red. It was quite good! See attached image...

Who was the participant in GB#5 who was one of the first, if not the first, to pick up? I believe this person either worked near or at the U of C. I ask because they gave me a 750 mL bottle of their home brewed Flanders Red. It was quite good! See attached image...I've been drinking with my nephew so excuse the errors.

ForumRunner_20121102_210033.jpg

yeah that was mine. Glad you enjoyed it! got a red wine barrel and brewed 2 days straight to fill it, was in the barrel over a year.

SHF said:
yeah that was mine. Glad you enjoyed it! got a red wine barrel and brewed 2 days straight to fill it, was in the barrel over a year.

Got anymore? :)

What yeast did you use?

Where'd you get the barrel? I had a Chardonnay aged triple this fall that would be worth a week of non stop brewing.

Got anymore? :)

What yeast did you use?

I do have a lot more, I am kind of doing a solera so I pull out like 10G at a time and top it back up with fresh beer/wort.

I used a 5 gallon "starter' of roselare from a flanders red I had started about a year before I got the barrel, then I also added some additional Brett and Lacto, as well as some dregs from Jolly pumpkin beers, mostly la roja.

I have a lambic going in an identical barrel which is way more acidic, almost wine like.

Where'd you get the barrel? I had a Chardonnay aged triple this fall that would be worth a week of non stop brewing.

a winery in Genoa (Prarie State Winery I think it's called), I had to call around & email about a dozen or so places before I found one with fresh empties that was willing to part with one or two for a reasonable price....just got lucky with the timing I think, most had already gotten rid of a bunch or only had really old dried up ones they were selling for planters, tables or whatever.

Got lucky on a smaller barrel from Koval distillery downtown too. Made a nice whiskey stout and now it's been delegated to join it's sour brothers from the winery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back