You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Erroneous said:
You could name your kid quite a few things. Yakima, Cascade, Crystal, Amarillo, Liberty, Columbus, etc.

How about Vorlauf. :)

After 15 or 16 batches....

Whipped together a 1 gallon batch on a snow day in Feb.

Tried it today, and thought, dam I would actually pay money for this.....an A-Ha moment for sure!

Brew on!

This catches your eye only because the word 'Lactobacillus' is in the title:

[ame]http://youtu.be/y8sRhRjbyso[/ame]

when you install a sink in your beer cave and you use a 2" p-trap and drain pipe rather than the standard rinky-dink stuff because you don't want it to get stopped up with trub.

When your whole family and all your friends start planning on attending a summer party at your house in march, so they can request which beers they like, not that it matters anyway. I brew what I want, and they'll either drink it, or have iced tea.

When you have 10 cases of empties, but still buy beer "for the bottles".

image-3060823127.jpg

When you hear about a sport player's new ridiculous contract, and you think to yourself, "Man, imagine the brew house I could build with that kind of money!"

When you're planning on making butter chicken for supper for your wife, then remember that the big bag of rice in the kitchen pantry is almost empty, then think to yourself, "No problem, I still have most of that big box of Minute Rice downstairs from when I made BierMuncher's Cream of Three Crops ale."

When you realize that you can deglaze your cast iron fry pan from making Jerk Chicken with the Ginger IPA you made last month AND still drink Ginger Beer with your Jerk Chicken!

Crito said:
When you go to a restaurant and drink water with your meal.

My wife doesn't understand this. We were at a Japanese restaurant the other day and while my back was turned my wife surprised me with a Kirin Ichiban. I really appreciate the gesture but it's hard to swallow $4 Kirin when I know I have a garage full of good stuff at home.

You enjoy a German pilsner after mowing your lawn Saturday afternoon, an American pale ale with grilled hamburgers for dinner, sipped a Belgian strong ale Saturday evening and washed down bacon, eggs and toast with an oatmeal stout Sunday morning while waiting for your bottles to finish the dishwasher cycle so you can bottle your altbier. (and can't wait for your Kolsch to carbonate and your ESB to finish up in the secondary)

You enjoy a German pilsner after mowing your lawn Saturday afternoon, an American pale ale with grilled hamburgers for dinner, sipped a Belgian strong ale Saturday evening and washed down bacon, eggs and toast with an oatmeal stout Sunday morning while waiting for your bottles to finish the dishwasher cycle so you can bottle your altbier. (and can't wait for your Kolsch to carbonate and your ESB to finish up in the secondary)

Boo yah!

So envious!

Back