What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fins, your a college hoops fan. Did you see the the Boeheim incident today? I did not.

Sent from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee!

I did not. I turned the TV off after the KState game. Ill go look it up

Fins, your a college hoops fan. Did you see the the Boeheim incident today? I did not.

Sent from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee!

I just watched it, never seen him act like that but I dont blame him. There is no way thats a double technical. Not saying it shouldnt have been a charge, but that was a bad call. The kstate game had 2 double technical calls on plays that didnt look intentional at all.

Edit: I also dont think a coach should be ejected after one incident. They should get a technical first, but I understand if its something terrible they skip that. I dont think that was crazy enough to skip a first technical.

Wow. Okay, apparently I went dark (offline) real early lazy night.

finally back after a heck of a day, 30 pages to go. challenge accepted!

Trisha Java Head, hb ESB, pliney the toddler, and the remains (now gone) of a double jack.

1393130149548.jpg

I just watched it, never seen him act like that but I dont blame him. There is no way thats a double technical. Not saying it shouldnt have been a charge, but that was a bad call. The kstate game had 2 double technical calls on plays that didnt look intentional at all.

Edit: I also dont think a coach should be ejected after one incident. They should get a technical first, but I understand if its something terrible they skip that. I dont think that was crazy enough to skip a first technical.

I haven't watched it but think the world of Boheim. He must have come completely unglued. I'm seeing people talk about it like Bobby Knight incident.

I haven't watched it but think the world of Boheim. He must have come completely unglued. I'm seeing people talk about it like Bobby Knight incident.

He was very pissed, no doubt about that, but not bobby Knight pissed. Just go to espn.com, its the first video that pops up. He had a right to be upset, not enough to be ejected though.

This has been my night. Starting from back to front. 3 AMAZING beers!!! I kid you not, these are my top 3 must try "West" beers. So damn good. Watch out for GoldenRoad Brewing. They are amazing.

Everyone point and laugh at me for admitting this but I have to tell how damn good this worked. I was desperate to clear my sinuses so I tried a neti pot. It not only cleared my nose out, it ended all of my cold symptoms instantly. I'm not kidding. This is the dumbest thing in the world...but it works. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a visual:

neti.gif

I had the same experience. Completely cleared everything out and prevented it from returning. Its like a magical lamp in a way.

After work beer, crappy pic, not a crappy beer though.

1393131460771.jpg

Are you at Odells?! That place looks like a place to visit the next time Im in the area.

Odell's is a good place to visit ( or was haven't been in a couple years).

Was at high plains tap house, nice place, but they don't turn their beer fast enough. Same tap list as when they opened a few months ago. Not sure if it says more about me or them, but I told my wife, 'let's go, I have a better selection at home'

Drinking this
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393132974.271184.jpg

A bottle of Widmer Brother Columbia Common.

Decided to try it sounded interesting. Not a fan. I won't be getting it again.

Went to Cabellas today and walked out with a new fishing reel, 12 guage pump shotgun, and 225 shotshells. Home now and drinking this

1393135276077.jpg

Flocc Jim Boeheim!

Coff.

About to heat my strike water in a few.

Yeah, I've heard the Neti pot works wonders. I've also heard if you use distilled water or boil it before you use it it's perfectly safe. And I've heard it'd it really help my f***ed sinuses. But the whole "brain eating bacteria" thing means I'll probably never try it.

Meanwhile, making a pot of Irish Breakfast tea while I weigh and mill grains.

? Flocc the inconsistent officiating.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Home Brew mobile app

You're at Cameron Indoor. What did you think was going to happen?

Second Coff of the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

You're at Cameron Indoor. What did you think was going to happen?

Exactly what happened. Haha. But I'm glad Boeheim got fired up about it. Maybe the team will respond by actually putting the ball in the basket in Maryland. We'll see. That's the first ejection he's ever had, he never does that. Pretty good game though.

Yeah, I've heard the Neti pot works wonders. I've also heard if you use distilled water or boil it before you use it it's perfectly safe. And I've heard it'd it really help my f***ed sinuses. But the whole "brain eating bacteria" thing means I'll probably never try it.

Meanwhile, making a pot of Irish Breakfast tea while I weigh and mill grains.

I read about that. But with 123 cases of that disease in the US since 1962, and only 2 (both in Louisiana), related to neti pots, I'm not overly concerned.

TN that's a ton of beer. Why are you brewing so much?

Coffee.

Im filling a wine barrel.

Have the strike water on and the grain milled for batch 4. Almost ready to mash in. Got last nights wort rolled into cellar. Still have to figure out how to raise it for siphon to work into barrel. I think there will be a ramp involved.

More coffee.

Fourth Coff. Mashed in about 15 min ago. Finally.

Im filling a wine barrel.

Have the strike water on and the grain milled for batch 4. Almost ready to mash in. Got last nights wort rolled into cellar. Still have to figure out how to raise it for siphon to work into barrel. I think there will be a ramp involved.

More coffee.

Remind me how you're pitching this barrel? What's the starter size for 50 gal?

I read about that. But with 123 cases of that disease in the US since 1962, and only 2 (both in Louisiana), related to neti pots, I'm not overly concerned.

Oh I know. Exceedingly rare. But "parasite eating your brain" and a 99.2% fatality rate (as far as I'm aware, of those recorded cases, only one survived) is still alarming.

It just makes me paranoid, however irrational it may be.

I can't speak for Gabe's batch, but when we did 50 gallons of BB Oatmeal Stout (which I added some bugs to my share), we started with I think one smack pack into a 2 liter starter (although it may have been two packs), stepped into another 2 liter starter, and then stepped into a 5 gallon starter, all on a stir plate.

I've got a 6 gallon batch of beer fermented with lambic dregs that I'm putting in the barrel along with the wort and some fresh dregs. CO2 flushing the barrel now, gettin ready to start moving wort over.

I've got a 6 gallon batch of beer fermented with lambic dregs that I'm putting in the barrel along with the wort and some fresh dregs. CO2 flushing the barrel now, gettin ready to start moving wort over.

Sorry about the barrage of questions, but is there an advantage to fermenting in the barrel, instead of fermenting in carboys and adding finished beer to the barrel?

Back