Anybody use Turkey Fryers 5543017 kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terrapinj

Reaction score
http://www.webstaurantstore.com/tur...medium=cse&utm_campaign=Shopping.com+Campaign

$59.99 + ~$12 s/h includes a 30qt and 10qt stock pot

seems like a nice cheap starter that could accommodate larger pots in the future

description:

This 30 quart deluxe turkey fryer kit includes all the parts and accessories you need to make a moist, delicious deep fried turkey!

A stable, sturdy, powder coated rolled steel stand houses the turkey fryer's 55,000 BTU cast iron burner, which is controlled by a 10 PSI liquid propane regulator with hose.

This turkey frying kit also includes a sturdy aluminum 30 qt. stock pot (12 1/2" diameter, 15 1/2" high) and matching lid, a perforated poultry rack and lifting handle, a 12" long probe thermometer, and a marinade injector and skewer set.

Additional accessories on this deluxe turkey fryer include a 10 quart fry pot / basket that you can use on your stove top or outdoor propane burner (great for frying fish or vegetables), and a perforated steam / boil basket that you can use to transform your turkey fryer into a steamer, boiler, or fryer for seafood or vegetables!

i started my home brewing with extract and this kit. you can find a better deal i am sure at OSH or some big box store. i ended up using the burning in my current all-grain system now. DO NOT TRUST THE THERMOMETER! they are made for high temps. If you are going to go to all grain or 10gal batches don't go with this (my 2 cents) you can get a 200K+ burner and used 15.5gal keggle for the same price.

will be doing 5 gallon extract and partial-mash for a while

my stove can't really reach a boil over 2.5g

would like to do full boils eventually

i was also looking at the bayou classic 3066a which seems pretty popular here

Back