Just split from girlfriend of 3.5 years, and have vacation next week.. What do I do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway, given this current situation, what would you guys do?

Stay home and save the money. Your ex probably has a sister or friend you can bone. That will make you feel better and teach her a lesson. You need to figure out which one of her female friends it will most bother her for you be banging and then hit it for all its worth for a week.

Haha, I am not a heartless bastard (well...) so I don't think I am capable of doing such a thing. Also, it was a very tame and mutual (yet painful) breakup, so there is no need to take that road.. Haha.

Come on up to Oregon, there are plenty of places to camp and there is a lot of beer. If you need help I'm sure us Oregonians can help a brother out, hell we might even come and have a beer with ya.

$300. for three days rental.

Pic_RK-002.jpg

$200. for female company of your choice.

You'll come back a new man.

+1 road trip Easy two day drive to Portland with brewery stops for lunch and dinner. Stop at Weed for the night. Hit Mt. Shasta brewery. Lunch in Eugene: Nikasi.

Coast route home. Pelican, Lost Coast, Rogue, Bear Republic, ..

Do you really need an excuse to hit 10-15 new breweries?

Drive to every HBT'er within a reasonable distance and couch surf! Drink their beer, go to the local pubs and hot spots, and have a hell of a time!

Road trip. I dated a girl for around thee years before meeting the wife and after we broke up I packed up and traveled solo for several weeks through the West/Midwest. Great experience.

Haha, Bunny Ranch is a no go, DEFINITELY not my style. I don't feel like I would feel right paying for it. Secondly, I've only been to a strip club once, and I felt bad the whole time that these girls my age were subjecting themselves to that kind of work..

Don't get me wrong, I have a filthy mind, I'm not stuck up or anything like that, but paying for sex? Never had to do it in the past, and won't start now. I think I'll start a road trip thread. Also... Gas in my town is about $2.25/gallon. I get a little of 30 MPG so that's about $0.08 a mile. I can go pretty far. Time will be my only enemy.

Men always pay for sex, one way or another. At least at the BunnyRanch you know what you're getting for the money. You're young, you'll learn. Diversions for the missing relationship are difficult, but necessary. It may be tempting, and a lot on this particular forum would disagree with me, but don't increase your drinking habits. The gym always works for me - its good for you, lets you sleep better, you're doing something constructive rather than destructive, and there's always a ton of women there. Make a list of things that you always wanted to do, but maybe couldn't because you were in a relationship. It will be liberating. Try a new sport. I've been kiteboarding for a few years(started after the divorce) and it is extremely addicting, the comaraderie is like no other, and again - there are always chicks hanging out at the beach. And it's exercise, you're outside - What could be better? I took some home brew to the beach for the inevitable after riding beer break and my friends thought it was great. Now that's even better.

I suggested whores (the Bunny Ranch in Vegas, to be specific) but not coke. My bad.

Dude, you should get an 8-ball, and head to Vegas!

I am the llama, and I endorse this message.
Haha! Haven't gone down that road in years, probably not too far off.. Actually, I haven't done much of anything like that in a while. I wish it was going to be a "fear and loathing in portland," but my accomplice is trying to become a cop so that's not going to happen.
Men always pay for sex, one way or another. At least at the BunnyRanch you know what you're getting for the money. You're young, you'll learn. Diversions for the missing relationship are difficult, but necessary. It may be tempting, and a lot on this particular forum would disagree with me, but don't increase your drinking habits. The gym always works for me - its good for you, lets you sleep better, you're doing something constructive rather than destructive, and there's always a ton of women there. Make a list of things that you always wanted to do, but maybe couldn't because you were in a relationship. It will be liberating. Try a new sport. I've been kiteboarding for a few years(started after the divorce) and it is extremely addicting, the comaraderie is like no other, and again - there are always chicks hanging out at the beach. And it's exercise, you're outside - What could be better? I took some home brew to the beach for the inevitable after riding beer break and my friends thought it was great. Now that's even better.
Unfortunately, when all you do is read books by Charles Bukowski and listen to depressing music after a break up, all you do is drink. Mickey's has been a friend of mine.. I know.. I know.. I did however down a sixer of honeymoon tonight. Just the title fu(ked me up..

You've only been to ONE strip club REALLY? Man, we need to get you out looking at hot girls and good beer. Portland has the most strip clubs per capita than any other city, you know :D

I guess we can do coke as well, just to make mikeflynn happy.

Two words:

Thai land

$500 goes a long way over there.

Unfortunately, you'll probably need a plane ticket to get there.

So my girlfriend (or I guess I should get in the habit of saying EX-girlfriend) and I split after living together for 3 1/2 years. This has been very hard on me and my life seems to have changed dramatically. I have since had to move back in with mom (never fun going back, especially when she lives in an 1000 sq. ft house with my 18yo sister too..).

I have a vacation from work and I would be off from school next week. I am wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to do. I have a 2008 ford focus and get great gas mileage. On top of all this, my friends have jobs and probably can't get the time off. I don't tend to do well on my own, but this might be a good growing experience. I have a buddy in Portland, OR (Beaverton specifically) that I MIGHT be able to hit up..

Anyway, given this current situation, what would you guys do?

NOTE: I am not rich and most of the money I have saved is for a downpayment on a house, I would like to keep this around $500. It doesn't have to be the whole week. Still possible? Let me know ASAP so I can try to plan. I would like to leave this Friday.

Get out of town & away from people, camping in the mountains is cheap, easy & fun. If you have a dog, take it with you. Take a cooler full of beer/wine & stuff like your favourite meats, eggs, taters & such. Look around you & see; listen & hear the sound of the world. There is much to be gained from solitude. That's my 2 cents worth, GF.

EDIT: Arturo has a good idea! Thailand is sounding REALLY good. Remember: if a woman asks you if you want the "happy ending" you say "YES!" :D

She is very good looking, but wouldn't be able to do that without consent to anyone. Haha.

No can do. Sorry.

You caught me, one big lie to gain attention. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone caught on.

Party like a mother ****ing rockstar!!!!

J/K I would start a STAD road trip thread and maybe some HBTers can help you out. You say you have only been out of Cail twice? Get out and go exploring, put yourself out of your element and have some fun. Strangers can be nicer than you think. GO For IT!!! You will thank yourself later.

Go on a cruise..........nothing but horny women. If you can't get laid on a cruise , your doing something wrong....

Back