Growlers for bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahem'.....Try these....

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/search.php?searchid=2956826

search.jpg

:D

vBulletin Message
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Search expires after about a half hour...But I'm pretty sure since the OP never responded back he looked at them since I gave him the link immediately..

If he didn't waay back a couple hours ago when I sent him the links, searching "Growlers" will give all the information he needs...interesting it is different than when I did it earlier. This time the first two things listed were "exploding growlers" and "Yet another growler injury."

Thanks for the advice, now I know I have to dig in some bars recycle bin in the back of an ally real quick!
( P.S. I sighned off as soon as I posted it and just got back now.)

i use Grolsch style growlers and never had a problem never used the screw on top ones. before i tried to bottle with them i read online about what people thought about using them and everyone talked as if they were the most dangerous things to use for bottling. I dont see why since the bottles i have are good thick glass with a good seal as long as you dont over prime then i can't see them being a problem. A side note my sister one time got a grolsh growler at a brewery for her boyfriend poured a glass for him the one night then left it open. i was over her house the next day saw it open closed it and never thought of it till a month later when i saw it. i opened the growler up the top blew off with a lot of force and shot the one metal piece that holds it on the bottle across the room. that could have been dangerous if it hit somebody in the eye or possibly the neck but the bottle itself was still in good condition (i contemplated stealing the growler and using it for bottling but i dont trust it after the explosion).

Back