Anyone else getting snow?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
we just got in from playing in it..

Kota_and_Snow_001.jpg

the swmbo and the dog

Kota_and_Snow_006.jpg

burying the dog..

so much fun! in TN we hardly ever get snow..

Well, they are nice pictures. But we ALWAYS have snow. Well, sometimes not in July, but most of the time. I'm really tired of it. We have at least two feet in my yard right now, and it's -22 degrees.

We don't call it snow, we call it ****ing snow here.

Great pictures, though- that looks like fun!!!!!! :mug:

I have never seen a white Christmas, and I lived in Chicago area as a kid. I moved to Ft. Lauderdale after that and now in Georgia for 33 years.

We got some snow that actually stuck this years maybe an inch on the ground.

There are flurries right now but the temp is 34 so it is just wet.

Looks like fun. I am sure the dog enjoyed it.

Got a foot or so in my back yard- Columbus, Ohio.

It is apparently a sufficient amount of snow that the local news is in such a tizzy, all mention of "Mr Hope and Change" has left the template for now.

skinfiddler said:
Got a foot or so in my back yard- Columbus, Ohio.

It is apparently a sufficient amount of snow that the local news is in such a tizzy, all mention of "Mr Hope and Change" has left the template for now.

I am in columbus too, we have well over a foot here, and drifts of 3+ feet
And its still snowing like crazy

We're supposed to get 40cm (approx. 1.2feet) in the next 12 hours or so. That's with the 5-10cm (3-6inches) we got this past evening.

in columbus, oh here. crazy amounts of snow. I don't think I've ever seen this much snow in one day...

it cleared up right as the sun was setting and was beautiful.

nonstop for two days here in cleveland. i've got one drift halfway up the side of the house... i drug the kid out in it this afternoon, but she didn't get far. she did manage to cram a hand full or two of snow down the back of my coat! :D

It snowed at the race track here in Atlanta this morning. Long gone by race time though and the wind chill was 25. If you don't like the weather here go back outside in 10 minutes. Tomorrow's forcast calls for sunny and 62

12-14" in Canton, OH. The snow finally stopped a few hours ago. Took a drive up to the gas station down the road. It took every bit of muscle to get my 4x4 p/u out of the parking spot. nothing was open except the pizza joint and the gas station. Cabin fever is setting in... thank god for Dogfish 60 min!

Stopped at about 16" today, but as others from the buckeye city have mentioned, the wind makes drifts halfway up windows.
I still brewed once I dug out a spot for the burner on the patio.

Shoveled the drive way, again (4th time today). My wall of snow it now over 7 feet on the side of the drive way. Expecting another foot and change over night. Can't wait for the mountain of snow the plow is going to leave me in the morning.

JimC said:
Shoveled the drive way, again (4th time today). My wall of snow it now over 7 feet on the side of the drive way. Expecting another foot and change over night. Can't wait for the mountain of snow the plow is going to leave me in the morning.

There is no way I could live in Canada.

Good luck my friend!

My dog loves to play in the snow also. We've gone 3 days without any additional snow, I think our friends in Ohio are getting it all. Have had about a total of 90" thus far this year, way above normal. Hope it starts melting soon, almost time to look for mushrooms.

JimC said:
Ice shmice. This is about 2 miles from my house. Granted, dood is taking it a little far but that is all snow from his driveway.

0310macgregor500big.jpg

He and his neighbor will be pissed when that melts. Dry garage my eye...

The white crap is almost gone here. Which is good since I deeply despise it. The older I get the more I feel like Nicholson every winter, and I don't get near what some folks get...

Ize

we have mosquitoes for 2 months and I hate them...and its snowing here again...a light dusting...not bad concidering we have not had a good march storm yet.

+1 on snow over southern baptists and the bible belt!!

chillHayze said:
There is no way I could live in Canada.

Good luck my friend!

Not all of Canada is a deep freeze. lol. We just tell you Yanks that so you leave our women alone. :D

I could use some snow, at least in the mountains. There's snow up there but I want fresh powder for my mountain sled.

Danny013 said:
Damn, its hot & humid here with mosquitoes the size of quarters trying to carry you away....

I'll take my snow thank you! I actually enjoy it although ours is all gone. High of 50 today... I'm getting the motorcycle out!

Ize said:
He and his neighbor will be pissed when that melts. Dry garage my eye...

The white crap is almost gone here. Which is good since I deeply despise it. The older I get the more I feel like Nicholson every winter, and I don't get near what some folks get...

Ize

He or his neighbor is going to be pissed when that thing falls over onto the car!

About 20cm last night.! The avy guns are booming this morning. Can't wait to get up to the hill & strap the boards on!

It's been kinda weak around here thus far...we're supposed to get 96" in March at Alta, thus far only 62.5". I dunno if we'll hit the mark.

We're at 580" for the season though, so we got that goin' for us, which is nice. :ban:

Snow is melting off here. I think maybe on more storm or so. We usually get a big one this time of year and then it melts right away. I am so ready for Spring!

Back