Jelly jars for bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sashurlow

Reaction score
I have some dandelion wine and mead in the secondary for a while. I would like to share some with my co-workers but I would like to give them small amounts. Can you use the 4 oz jelly jars to "bottle" wine in?
If not, any other ideas for a glass of wine sized bottle?
Thanks,
scott

I pass out baby bottles with wine in them under strict guidance that the jars are not for long term storage, but simply a way to get them home. Week tops.

What about these? You would need to buy the screw top caps for them but they look interesting for sample bottles.

I use quart canning jars (or half gallon jars, when I can get my hands on them). Haven't had a problem, but wine doesn't last too long in this household. Will probably use gallon jugs, when the wine cellar gets built. So far, I am only aging the wine that tastes like crap...:p

Actually I bottle all my wine in beer bottles. I already have the bottles and I don't drink that much wine anyway. Perfect size for me. I was hoping for something half the size of a beer bottle for giving away enough to sample but not too much.

Know anyone in the airline industry? Sounds like you need those liquor sample bottles.

sashurlow said:
I was hoping for something half the size of a beer bottle for giving away enough to sample but not too much.

Half pint mason jars would work for a still beverage. They're a little more expensive than beer bottles though.

Latest posts

Back