Tennessee Group Grain Buy Round 4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a link to the group buy spreadsheet through Google docs. I am still messing around with settings, etc, but for now this will link to it. Just ignore the $ totals thus far.

Grain Buy #4

If you have any suggestions, let me know.

I would like to get a small amount of specialty stuff if we can find enough interest to get a full bag. I would like:
1/5 of Dextrin or C10
1/5 of flaked rice
1/10 of flaked corn
1/5 of honey malt

I have enough grain to be self sufficient for about a year. Star-san, check, hops, check, etc., etc.,:D

Hey Dave you have me down for .2 Honey, I don't need any Honey but you can put me down for 1/10 Flaked Corn.

Thanks
Tim

Dunno, really, probably a new world one.
46% Pilsen
43% Pale
5% D1 Syrup
5% Sugar
N.Brewer,Hallertau,Fuggle hops.

My bottle carb isn't catching on yet, but I'll just wait. It is *boozy* still too.

To me the spreadsheet needs to be open to every1 on it so far so no 1 person has to do all the leg work make everyone that is on it do their own work you know. Just my opinion. Thats how the sudsuckers do theirs.

To me the spreadsheet needs to be open to every1 on it so far so no 1 person has to do all the leg work make everyone that is on it do their own work you know. Just my opinion. Thats how the sudsuckers do theirs.

Anyone wanting to access the spreadsheet, so they can place/edit their orders, send me an email with your name and HBT username. :rockin:

[email protected]

I would say that would be correct, but I am buying thinking that it will be at least 4-6 months before ordering again.

I would like to add .20 carapils, .10 roasted barely, and .10 flaked corn to my ordered. Thanks

The carapils split is complete, but we do need a couple of folks for both the flaked corn and the roasted barley. I am surprised that nobody want any Vienna, except for Dave. Honey Malt split is complete, but the flaked wheat and the unmalted wheat needs a couple of people to complete. Unmalted what can be used in Lambics and Witbiers.

If you guys want to do Star San then we have 3 gallons not spoken for. We also have quite a bit of PBW not spoken for.

Hey I added lactose (55# sack) as an option to the spreadsheet. Another one of those items I thought we could split among a lot of people....maybe 5# each...

I would love to help fill the lactose, but I think I only use about 1# a year. 1/2 sack of wheat is available and 2/10 of a sack of Roasted Barley is still available. Does anybody want Belgian Candi Sugar? Jason, Marc, and myself are currently the only ones who have ordered some.

I will take the last gallon of star San. Is the candi sugar by lbs? If so I will take 3 lbs of the clear.

I would love to help fill the lactose, but I think I only use about 1# a year.

Yeah, i only use 3-4lbs my self, but I went for some the other day and was out. So I went to the health food store and they didn't have any in stock and when it was in stock, it was around $6-7/lb. Figured it was worth a shot trying to fill a sack though.

the candi sugar is soo easy to make guys. there is a huge post on here about it I think its titled 20# of sugar and dap or something like that just something to look into to save all you candi sugar guys.

are we going for 2 pallets or just 1 this time?

Off topic but just thought I would pass this along for those who do water adjustments in the Nashville area:

Just got this today from Ward Labs:

Ca - 23
Mg - 6
Na - 5
Cl - 8
SO4 - 36
CaCo3 - 83
PH 6.9

Back