HELP!!! Mice got to my priming sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrewBrew

Reaction score
As you can see by the thread topic, mice got to my priming sugar, and I'm ready to bottle. I've got a few hours to kill before I actually start bottling, as Im waiting for bottles to clean up (working on that). My local HBS is closed for the night, and I'd rather not wait till tomorrow, can I use regular sugar? or anything that I can get from my local grocery store that I can substitute?

Thanks

FrewBrew

Do you have any DME laying around? If you do, use 1.25 cups of that. If you have to make due with table sugar you can.

Either bottle 2mrw or just use the table sugar.
I always use normal white sugar. No problems. for the small amount for each bottle I don't think it would effect the taste.

Damn... tomorrow's company christmas party, thursday I have a date, that means Im waitin till Friday, oh well.

try corn syrup from the store, not sure what amount but my local food store has it in syrup form.. not sure it if will work though, its better then table sugar though!!!

Do not use corn syrup from the store, it tends to have flavorings in it. Since we are only talking 4 oz., use table sugar.

Back