So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing my first partial mash today - ChshreCat's BBD Brown Biscuit ale.

Also, breaking out Ale Mary tonight; an American Amber brew I did with some fellow cast members in a community theater production of Jesus Christ Superstar (how appropriate, with the start of the rapture and all!). Cast party tonight, woot!

Just mashed in for my American Bitter - English grain bill, American hops, OG somewhere in the 1.036 to 1.040 range.

Experiment day today. Belgian Dubble is the recipe for today.

Using my pump, plate chiller and BIAG for the 1st time.

I had some friends over yesterday and brewed BM's centennial blonde. It was nice having the help! My first time brewing this recipe and can't wait to add it to the pipeline!

Bulls Beers said:
Did 5 gallons of Kolsch today...

Hey me too! This was my first attempt. Do you mind sharing your recipe? Like to see what kind of hop bill you used. How long are you going to ferment? After the ferment, what temp are you bring it to and for how long?

Busy beer day for me. Brewed 12 gal of BMer's Sterling Gold (was shooting for 11gal, but ended up with an extra gallon). Kegged 10gal of an Amarillo Pale Ale. And I also built a jockey box for Memorial Day next weekend.

Did a Stone Ruination Clone as a Graduation gift for my Cousin today. He shouldn't go thirsty this summer ;)

Yesterday I brewed a session beer that is pretty much a light brown porter, with .5 lb of choc and .25 lb of black patent :) I was wanting something that resembled my big a$$ porter, but that wasn't 300+ calories, since I'm trying to trim this waist down for summer!

Also bottled my old engine oil that had been sitting on oak vanilla and scotch for 2 months. Its VERY tasty! Definitely better that the regular recipe, but neither are really an old engine oil...more like an old ale. God stuff though.

I started the weekend wanting to brew an IPA, but I couldn't decide if I wanted to do an English or American style..... So I brewed two batches! A big American IPA with wyeast headwaters ale from Midwest supply and a classic English IPA with challenger, uk goldings, and fuggles using wyeast Brit ale II. both are happily churning away in primary.
Yum!

Oh, I am brewing this weekend but don't have any idea on what? Maybe a dry Irish stout. I've got a ton of target hops I need to use up so maybe something with that.

Not brewing this weekend but I brewed up two batches this week. One Irish Red and a Hefeweizen. The Red was my first partial and it's been fermenting like a beast since Tuesday. Pretty excited for that one. Hefe I'm a little worried about. I did one a while back and didn't bother with hydrometer readings (dumb Iknow). I don't know if I ended up bottling it too early or if I had an infected batch but every bottle was a gusher. Tasted great, was just a PITA to crack it and have to have 3 mugs out to collect every thing lol.

My Midwest Kits came yesterday! Still debating on which one to brew on Sunday... Berlin Wheat or Honey Ale....

Anyway, I'll hopefully be brewing one of them and some Apfelwein before a BBQ!

Chimay Red clone from Mark & Tess with some grown up dregs.

and 5 gals of something else, not decided yet, but something quick and simple, pale ale or Blonde or something.

Back